Katie Price Fined $1,500 for Failing to Control Vehicle
British glamour model Katie Price has been fined $1,500 after she was found guilty of failing to maintain full control of a luxury horsebox while driving in England in February. Traffic police in Sussex spotted the busty brunette lose control of the large vehicle and drift into another lane on a busy road, causing two oncoming cars to swerve out of the way.
Cops claimed the 32 year old, also known as Jordan, had been using her cell phone for up to three seconds when the incident took place on February 19. Price denied the charge, insisting she had not been distracted by her mobile phone, and blamed her bad road skills on being a "typical woman driver".
She told the court, "I'm just not used to a lorry that big. I was probably a bit scared because it was on a motorway. I don't remember veering but it is quite difficult." Price had been on her way to Euro Disney in Paris, France with friends and family, including four children, when she was pulled over by cops.
She was cited for the phone violation and allowed to continue her journey. But a jury at Mid Sussex Magistrates' Court found Price guilty of not being in proper control of a vehicle during a hearing on Tuesday, September 28 and she was ordered to pay the fine, in addition to legal costs amounting to $975. She also had three penalty points added to her driver's license.
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson