Katie Price Fined $1,500 for Failing to Control Vehicle
British glamour model Katie Price has been fined $1,500 after she was found guilty of failing to maintain full control of a luxury horsebox while driving in England in February. Traffic police in Sussex spotted the busty brunette lose control of the large vehicle and drift into another lane on a busy road, causing two oncoming cars to swerve out of the way.
Cops claimed the 32 year old, also known as Jordan, had been using her cell phone for up to three seconds when the incident took place on February 19. Price denied the charge, insisting she had not been distracted by her mobile phone, and blamed her bad road skills on being a "typical woman driver".
She told the court, "I'm just not used to a lorry that big. I was probably a bit scared because it was on a motorway. I don't remember veering but it is quite difficult." Price had been on her way to Euro Disney in Paris, France with friends and family, including four children, when she was pulled over by cops.
She was cited for the phone violation and allowed to continue her journey. But a jury at Mid Sussex Magistrates' Court found Price guilty of not being in proper control of a vehicle during a hearing on Tuesday, September 28 and she was ordered to pay the fine, in addition to legal costs amounting to $975. She also had three penalty points added to her driver's license.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic