Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized for 'Upset Stomach'
Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter is recovering in hospital after suffering an "upset stomach" onboard a flight to Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday, September 28. America's 39th president was admitted to Metro Health Hospital at approximately 11.30 A.M. local time after paramedics were called to meet his plane upon arrival at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
A spokesperson for the 85-year-old politician says he is "resting comfortably" after receiving medical attention, reports CNN. Spokeswoman Deanna Congileo, from his non-profit organization The Carter Center, says in a statement, "While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation."
"He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake