Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized for 'Upset Stomach'
Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter is recovering in hospital after suffering an "upset stomach" onboard a flight to Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday, September 28. America's 39th president was admitted to Metro Health Hospital at approximately 11.30 A.M. local time after paramedics were called to meet his plane upon arrival at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
A spokesperson for the 85-year-old politician says he is "resting comfortably" after receiving medical attention, reports CNN. Spokeswoman Deanna Congileo, from his non-profit organization The Carter Center, says in a statement, "While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation."
"He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'