Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized for 'Upset Stomach'
Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter is recovering in hospital after suffering an "upset stomach" onboard a flight to Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday, September 28. America's 39th president was admitted to Metro Health Hospital at approximately 11.30 A.M. local time after paramedics were called to meet his plane upon arrival at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
A spokesperson for the 85-year-old politician says he is "resting comfortably" after receiving medical attention, reports CNN. Spokeswoman Deanna Congileo, from his non-profit organization The Carter Center, says in a statement, "While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation."
"He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week."
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer