Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized for 'Upset Stomach'
Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter is recovering in hospital after suffering an "upset stomach" onboard a flight to Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday, September 28. America's 39th president was admitted to Metro Health Hospital at approximately 11.30 A.M. local time after paramedics were called to meet his plane upon arrival at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
A spokesperson for the 85-year-old politician says he is "resting comfortably" after receiving medical attention, reports CNN. Spokeswoman Deanna Congileo, from his non-profit organization The Carter Center, says in a statement, "While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation."
"He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week."
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018