Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized for 'Upset Stomach'
Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter is recovering in hospital after suffering an "upset stomach" onboard a flight to Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday, September 28. America's 39th president was admitted to Metro Health Hospital at approximately 11.30 A.M. local time after paramedics were called to meet his plane upon arrival at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
A spokesperson for the 85-year-old politician says he is "resting comfortably" after receiving medical attention, reports CNN. Spokeswoman Deanna Congileo, from his non-profit organization The Carter Center, says in a statement, "While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation."
"He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week."
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer