Charlotte Church Talks Her Split From Gavin Henson
Welsh singer Charlotte Church decided to end her engagement to rugby star Gavin Henson after he "changed" during a trip to the Arctic Circle for a U.K. reality show. The couple ended its five-year relationship in May, just months after Henson asked for her hand in marriage.
Church admits that both parties had time to think while Henson was in the Arctic taking part in TV endurance contest 71 Degrees North - and she was prompted to split from the sports hunk when he returned a different man.
She tells Britain's Heat magazine, "He's a lot more grown up and open. I think he learned a lot about himself and he'd never had time to sit back and reflect before. He'd been so busy with rugby, and that's such a psychological game. I think that lived in his mind rather than any sort of self-discovery. So he was always quite closed."
"When he proposed, I was overjoyed. It was amazing. I really was going to marry Gav and spend the rest of my life with him. But then he came back... and he'd changed and I'd had time to think. We had both had a change of heart - so we were both of the same mind."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby