Kylie Minogue Dominates ARIA Awards Nominations
Kylie Minogue will lead the way at this year's ARIA Awards after scoring two nominations ahead of Australia's most prestigious music prize-giving. The pop superstar will compete for a pair of honors - Best Female Artist and Best Pop Release for her latest album "Aphrodite" - at the ceremony in Sydney in November this year.
Aussie rockers The Temper Trap look set to dominate the show with five nominations, including Best Group and Most Popular Australian Album for "Conditions", while Powderfinger will compete in four categories.
Other acts up for awards include Sia Furler, Empire of the Sun and Gabriella Cilmi. The trophies will be handed out at the Sydney Opera House on November 7.
"Aphrodite" was released worldwide in July. Led by single "All the Lovers", it peaked at No. 2 on Australian Albums chart and climbed to No. 19 Stateside.
More Kylie Minogue News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns