Mom Auctioning Elton John's Personal Things
Sir Elton John's mum is auctioning off memorabilia from her famous son after moving to a smaller house. The "Rocket Man"'s mother Sheila discovered a host of items from John's glittering career after clearing out her home, and she has decided to place them under the hammer.
Items to be sold include tour jackets, more than 100 gold and platinum discs and VIP passes used by Sheila to get into the singer's gigs. Spokesperson Andrew Elliston-Elhinn from Gorringes auction house, where the sale will take place, says, "Some (items) are autographed but, as his mum said, 'Why would he sign it for me? I'm his mum'."
John's representative adds, "She's got 38 years worth of stuff that needs a new home." The auction will take place on October 19 in Sussex, south England.
More Elton John News
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week