Eva Longoria Raised Huge Money Through Twitter
A celebrity Twitter.com auction spearheaded by Eva Longoria Parker has raised over $540,000 for disabled children in Haiti. Stars offered to follow fans on Twitter and arrange one-of-a-kind meetings for the winning bidders, who offered up cash donations throughout last week.
All funds raised from the auction event will go to www.ahomeinhaiti.org and will be used to rebuild The Miriam Center, which cares for children suffering from autism and cerebral palsy.
Longoria is an active philanthropist who is also the spokesperson for PADRES, an organization which is committed to improve the quality of life for Latino children with cancer and their families. She recently attended the annual gala at The Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, accompanied by a number of other Latin stars like Demi Lovato, Eva La Rue, Wilmer Valderrama and George Lopez.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics