Eva Longoria Raised Huge Money Through Twitter
A celebrity Twitter.com auction spearheaded by Eva Longoria Parker has raised over $540,000 for disabled children in Haiti. Stars offered to follow fans on Twitter and arrange one-of-a-kind meetings for the winning bidders, who offered up cash donations throughout last week.
All funds raised from the auction event will go to www.ahomeinhaiti.org and will be used to rebuild The Miriam Center, which cares for children suffering from autism and cerebral palsy.
Longoria is an active philanthropist who is also the spokesperson for PADRES, an organization which is committed to improve the quality of life for Latino children with cancer and their families. She recently attended the annual gala at The Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, accompanied by a number of other Latin stars like Demi Lovato, Eva La Rue, Wilmer Valderrama and George Lopez.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation