Eva Longoria Raised Huge Money Through Twitter
A celebrity Twitter.com auction spearheaded by Eva Longoria Parker has raised over $540,000 for disabled children in Haiti. Stars offered to follow fans on Twitter and arrange one-of-a-kind meetings for the winning bidders, who offered up cash donations throughout last week.
All funds raised from the auction event will go to www.ahomeinhaiti.org and will be used to rebuild The Miriam Center, which cares for children suffering from autism and cerebral palsy.
Longoria is an active philanthropist who is also the spokesperson for PADRES, an organization which is committed to improve the quality of life for Latino children with cancer and their families. She recently attended the annual gala at The Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, accompanied by a number of other Latin stars like Demi Lovato, Eva La Rue, Wilmer Valderrama and George Lopez.
More Eva Longoria News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs