Eva Longoria Raised Huge Money Through Twitter
A celebrity Twitter.com auction spearheaded by Eva Longoria Parker has raised over $540,000 for disabled children in Haiti. Stars offered to follow fans on Twitter and arrange one-of-a-kind meetings for the winning bidders, who offered up cash donations throughout last week.
All funds raised from the auction event will go to www.ahomeinhaiti.org and will be used to rebuild The Miriam Center, which cares for children suffering from autism and cerebral palsy.
Longoria is an active philanthropist who is also the spokesperson for PADRES, an organization which is committed to improve the quality of life for Latino children with cancer and their families. She recently attended the annual gala at The Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, accompanied by a number of other Latin stars like Demi Lovato, Eva La Rue, Wilmer Valderrama and George Lopez.
More Eva Longoria News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation