Eva Longoria Raised Huge Money Through Twitter
A celebrity Twitter.com auction spearheaded by Eva Longoria Parker has raised over $540,000 for disabled children in Haiti. Stars offered to follow fans on Twitter and arrange one-of-a-kind meetings for the winning bidders, who offered up cash donations throughout last week.
All funds raised from the auction event will go to www.ahomeinhaiti.org and will be used to rebuild The Miriam Center, which cares for children suffering from autism and cerebral palsy.
Longoria is an active philanthropist who is also the spokesperson for PADRES, an organization which is committed to improve the quality of life for Latino children with cancer and their families. She recently attended the annual gala at The Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, accompanied by a number of other Latin stars like Demi Lovato, Eva La Rue, Wilmer Valderrama and George Lopez.
More Eva Longoria News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign