Noel Gallagher's Ex Wife Cancels Wedding Plan
Noel Gallagher's ex-wife Meg Mathews has called off her engagement to businessman Peter Sidell, according to a U.K. report. The reformed partygirl, who was married to the Oasis rocker for four years until 2001, became engaged to the art professor last year after a whirlwind six-month romance.
At the time, Mathews - who has a daughter, Anais, with Gallagher - insisted she was attracted to Sidell because he was such a contrast to her rocker ex. She said, "(He's) completely different. I've known him for longer; I've known him since I was 18. It's the grown-up life that you read about in textbooks, and I feel so blessed. I've come through everything."
But Mathews has now called off the wedding, reports Britain's Daily Express. A source tells the publication, "Meg has gone through tough times, dealing with her marriage breakdown and drug problems and Peter was there for her. As soon as she started to gather back her strength she realized they were better as friends so called it off."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show