Kid Cudi Pleads Guilty to Drug Count, Gets Community Service
Rapper Kid Cudi has been sentenced to two days' community service after pleading guilty to drug possession. The "Day 'N Nite" hitmaker, real name Scott Mescudi, was arrested in New York in June after allegedly smashing an ex-girlfriend's cell phone and breaking the door of her apartment off its hinges.
He was charged with criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance after cops found a drug believed to be liquid cocaine on his person. Cudi entered his plea during a court hearing on Friday, September 24 and was ordered to undertake the brief community service. He has also been told to stay out of trouble for the next six months, reports TMZ.com. The hip-hop star recently came clean about his drug troubles, admitting he became a cocaine addict to help him deal with the pressures of fame.
He has since kicked his hard drug habit and now only smokes marijuana, but he admitted to Complex magazine, "I never thought it was a problem, but I was definitely high-fiving death a couple of times."
More Kid Cudi News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!