Kid Cudi Pleads Guilty to Drug Count, Gets Community Service
Rapper Kid Cudi has been sentenced to two days' community service after pleading guilty to drug possession. The "Day 'N Nite" hitmaker, real name Scott Mescudi, was arrested in New York in June after allegedly smashing an ex-girlfriend's cell phone and breaking the door of her apartment off its hinges.
He was charged with criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance after cops found a drug believed to be liquid cocaine on his person. Cudi entered his plea during a court hearing on Friday, September 24 and was ordered to undertake the brief community service. He has also been told to stay out of trouble for the next six months, reports TMZ.com. The hip-hop star recently came clean about his drug troubles, admitting he became a cocaine addict to help him deal with the pressures of fame.
He has since kicked his hard drug habit and now only smokes marijuana, but he admitted to Complex magazine, "I never thought it was a problem, but I was definitely high-fiving death a couple of times."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie