Kid Cudi Pleads Guilty to Drug Count, Gets Community Service
Rapper Kid Cudi has been sentenced to two days' community service after pleading guilty to drug possession. The "Day 'N Nite" hitmaker, real name Scott Mescudi, was arrested in New York in June after allegedly smashing an ex-girlfriend's cell phone and breaking the door of her apartment off its hinges.
He was charged with criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance after cops found a drug believed to be liquid cocaine on his person. Cudi entered his plea during a court hearing on Friday, September 24 and was ordered to undertake the brief community service. He has also been told to stay out of trouble for the next six months, reports TMZ.com. The hip-hop star recently came clean about his drug troubles, admitting he became a cocaine addict to help him deal with the pressures of fame.
He has since kicked his hard drug habit and now only smokes marijuana, but he admitted to Complex magazine, "I never thought it was a problem, but I was definitely high-fiving death a couple of times."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung