Kid Cudi Pleads Guilty to Drug Count, Gets Community Service
Rapper Kid Cudi has been sentenced to two days' community service after pleading guilty to drug possession. The "Day 'N Nite" hitmaker, real name Scott Mescudi, was arrested in New York in June after allegedly smashing an ex-girlfriend's cell phone and breaking the door of her apartment off its hinges.
He was charged with criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance after cops found a drug believed to be liquid cocaine on his person. Cudi entered his plea during a court hearing on Friday, September 24 and was ordered to undertake the brief community service. He has also been told to stay out of trouble for the next six months, reports TMZ.com. The hip-hop star recently came clean about his drug troubles, admitting he became a cocaine addict to help him deal with the pressures of fame.
He has since kicked his hard drug habit and now only smokes marijuana, but he admitted to Complex magazine, "I never thought it was a problem, but I was definitely high-fiving death a couple of times."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna