Ozzy Osbourne Blames Drinking Behavior for Not Performing in Israel
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has denied speculation political tensions in the Middle East have prevented him from performing in Israel until this month, blaming his years of heavy drinking for keeping him away from the country.
The Black Sabbath frontman will play his first ever show there when he headlines the Tel Aviv leg of his Ozzfest tour on Tuesday, September 28. Artists such as Elvis Costello, Carlos Santana and the Pixies have vowed to boycott concerts in Israel to in protest of its government's policy towards Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, but Osbourne insists the long-running political feud has never been of concern to him.
When asked why he has never played a gig in Israel before, the former hellraiser says, "I guess I was drunk for so many years... I try to stay away from politics. They don't understand me and I don't understand them."
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation