Ozzy Osbourne Blames Drinking Behavior for Not Performing in Israel
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has denied speculation political tensions in the Middle East have prevented him from performing in Israel until this month, blaming his years of heavy drinking for keeping him away from the country.
The Black Sabbath frontman will play his first ever show there when he headlines the Tel Aviv leg of his Ozzfest tour on Tuesday, September 28. Artists such as Elvis Costello, Carlos Santana and the Pixies have vowed to boycott concerts in Israel to in protest of its government's policy towards Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, but Osbourne insists the long-running political feud has never been of concern to him.
When asked why he has never played a gig in Israel before, the former hellraiser says, "I guess I was drunk for so many years... I try to stay away from politics. They don't understand me and I don't understand them."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch