Ozzy Osbourne Blames Drinking Behavior for Not Performing in Israel
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has denied speculation political tensions in the Middle East have prevented him from performing in Israel until this month, blaming his years of heavy drinking for keeping him away from the country.
The Black Sabbath frontman will play his first ever show there when he headlines the Tel Aviv leg of his Ozzfest tour on Tuesday, September 28. Artists such as Elvis Costello, Carlos Santana and the Pixies have vowed to boycott concerts in Israel to in protest of its government's policy towards Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, but Osbourne insists the long-running political feud has never been of concern to him.
When asked why he has never played a gig in Israel before, the former hellraiser says, "I guess I was drunk for so many years... I try to stay away from politics. They don't understand me and I don't understand them."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video