Ozzy Osbourne Blames Drinking Behavior for Not Performing in Israel
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has denied speculation political tensions in the Middle East have prevented him from performing in Israel until this month, blaming his years of heavy drinking for keeping him away from the country.
The Black Sabbath frontman will play his first ever show there when he headlines the Tel Aviv leg of his Ozzfest tour on Tuesday, September 28. Artists such as Elvis Costello, Carlos Santana and the Pixies have vowed to boycott concerts in Israel to in protest of its government's policy towards Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, but Osbourne insists the long-running political feud has never been of concern to him.
When asked why he has never played a gig in Israel before, the former hellraiser says, "I guess I was drunk for so many years... I try to stay away from politics. They don't understand me and I don't understand them."
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth