Ozzy Osbourne Blames Drinking Behavior for Not Performing in Israel
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne has denied speculation political tensions in the Middle East have prevented him from performing in Israel until this month, blaming his years of heavy drinking for keeping him away from the country.
The Black Sabbath frontman will play his first ever show there when he headlines the Tel Aviv leg of his Ozzfest tour on Tuesday, September 28. Artists such as Elvis Costello, Carlos Santana and the Pixies have vowed to boycott concerts in Israel to in protest of its government's policy towards Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, but Osbourne insists the long-running political feud has never been of concern to him.
When asked why he has never played a gig in Israel before, the former hellraiser says, "I guess I was drunk for so many years... I try to stay away from politics. They don't understand me and I don't understand them."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie