Anne Hathaway's Jewelery From Con Ex Sold at Auction
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her convict ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri has helped raise more than $44,000 at auction to pay back the conman's victims. The Italian businessman was jailed for four-and-a-half years in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
The Hollywood actress, who dumped Follieri shortly before his arrest, was forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year relationship for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
The items, including Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace and two rings, have raised thousands of dollars so far at the U.S. Marshals Service auction, with a pair of Hathaway's diamond earrings among the most sought after lots, fetching $3,026, according to the New York Post.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors