Anne Hathaway's Jewelery From Con Ex Sold at Auction
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her convict ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri has helped raise more than $44,000 at auction to pay back the conman's victims. The Italian businessman was jailed for four-and-a-half years in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
The Hollywood actress, who dumped Follieri shortly before his arrest, was forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year relationship for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
The items, including Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace and two rings, have raised thousands of dollars so far at the U.S. Marshals Service auction, with a pair of Hathaway's diamond earrings among the most sought after lots, fetching $3,026, according to the New York Post.
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date