Anne Hathaway's Jewelery From Con Ex Sold at Auction
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her convict ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri has helped raise more than $44,000 at auction to pay back the conman's victims. The Italian businessman was jailed for four-and-a-half years in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
The Hollywood actress, who dumped Follieri shortly before his arrest, was forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year relationship for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
The items, including Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace and two rings, have raised thousands of dollars so far at the U.S. Marshals Service auction, with a pair of Hathaway's diamond earrings among the most sought after lots, fetching $3,026, according to the New York Post.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'