Anne Hathaway's Jewelery From Con Ex Sold at Auction
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her convict ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri has helped raise more than $44,000 at auction to pay back the conman's victims. The Italian businessman was jailed for four-and-a-half years in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
The Hollywood actress, who dumped Follieri shortly before his arrest, was forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year relationship for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
The items, including Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace and two rings, have raised thousands of dollars so far at the U.S. Marshals Service auction, with a pair of Hathaway's diamond earrings among the most sought after lots, fetching $3,026, according to the New York Post.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage