Anne Hathaway's Jewelery From Con Ex Sold at Auction
Jewelery given to Anne Hathaway by her convict ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri has helped raise more than $44,000 at auction to pay back the conman's victims. The Italian businessman was jailed for four-and-a-half years in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
The Hollywood actress, who dumped Follieri shortly before his arrest, was forced to hand over all the expensive gifts he had lavished on her during their four-year relationship for prosecutors to use as evidence in the case.
The items, including Rolex watches, a five-strand pearl necklace and two rings, have raised thousands of dollars so far at the U.S. Marshals Service auction, with a pair of Hathaway's diamond earrings among the most sought after lots, fetching $3,026, according to the New York Post.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M