Slash Considered Reuniting With Axl Rose
Slash considered ending his longrunning feud with former Guns N' Roses bandmate Axl Rose during the making of his solo album - because he was desperate for the singer to join him in the studio.
The guitarist quit the legendary band in the 1990s after a famous falling out with Rose and hasn't spoken to his former friend in years. But Slash admits that while he was recruiting singers to lend vocals to tracks on his recent self-titled solo record, he thought about asking Rose to help.
He tells Classic Rock, "When I was in the middle of this process there were a lot of singers' names who flew through my mind during the process. You are living in 'Singer Land' so all you are thinking about is singers. The thought of him crossed my mind at one point. I thought, 'Axl could sing the shit out of any of these songs'."
But Slash "never made the call" and jokingly cites Gun N' Roses' long-gestating album "Chinese Democracy", which took more than a decade to make, as his reasoning. He adds, "I wanted to put the record out in this millennium."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked