Lindsay Lohan Receives Support From Garry Marshall
"Georgia Rule" director Garry Marshall has reached out to Lindsay Lohan, urging the actress to overcome her recent personal troubles and relaunch her movie career. The "Mean Girls" star has endured a turbulent summer which has seen her jailed twice and sent to court-ordered rehab.
Marshall was rumored to have fallen out with Lohan on the set of "Georgia Rule" in 2006, after a studio executive reprimanded the actress at the director's request. The letter, which was leaked online, blamed "all-night heavy partying" for Lohan's "irresponsible and unprofessional" behavior.
But Marshall appears to have put the past behind him, by insisting Lohan has a "great heart" and a bright future in Hollywood. He tells Access Hollywood, "I feel bad that she's going through all this and I hope she gets it together. She's gotta go through the process... She said she thought she was good, she slipped, she's back and forth, but you know, she's got a great heart, and as soon as she gets situated where she can change, this is what we need."
"I am not a psychiatrist, I'm a film director - which is part psychiatrist, mind you! I got to know her - she's young and going through the Hollywood process of being in front of everybody and all the media, and that affects you."
"I hope she can come out of it, because she's really, really talented. (She's) really a good actress. So I hope she doesn't waste this gift that she was given."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?