Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day Will Make Broadway Debut in 'American Idiot'
Green Day star Billie Joe Armstrong is to make his Broadway debut as one of the lead characters in the musical he helped to create. The punk icon will portray St. Jimmy onstage in "American Idiot" for a week beginning on Tuesday, September 28.
The show will give Armstrong a chance to warm up his vocals before hitting the stage with Green Day in Caracas, Venezuela on October 8 when the trio will kick off a South American Tour. Original Broadway cast member and current St. Jimmy, Tony Vincent, will resume performances on October 12, following a leave of absence due to "a personal family matter".
Vincent's understudies, Joshua Kobak and Andrew Call, will cover the role from October 5, when Armstrong jets off to Venezuela.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival