Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day Will Make Broadway Debut in 'American Idiot'
Green Day star Billie Joe Armstrong is to make his Broadway debut as one of the lead characters in the musical he helped to create. The punk icon will portray St. Jimmy onstage in "American Idiot" for a week beginning on Tuesday, September 28.
The show will give Armstrong a chance to warm up his vocals before hitting the stage with Green Day in Caracas, Venezuela on October 8 when the trio will kick off a South American Tour. Original Broadway cast member and current St. Jimmy, Tony Vincent, will resume performances on October 12, following a leave of absence due to "a personal family matter".
Vincent's understudies, Joshua Kobak and Andrew Call, will cover the role from October 5, when Armstrong jets off to Venezuela.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding