Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day Will Make Broadway Debut in 'American Idiot'
Green Day star Billie Joe Armstrong is to make his Broadway debut as one of the lead characters in the musical he helped to create. The punk icon will portray St. Jimmy onstage in "American Idiot" for a week beginning on Tuesday, September 28.
The show will give Armstrong a chance to warm up his vocals before hitting the stage with Green Day in Caracas, Venezuela on October 8 when the trio will kick off a South American Tour. Original Broadway cast member and current St. Jimmy, Tony Vincent, will resume performances on October 12, following a leave of absence due to "a personal family matter".
Vincent's understudies, Joshua Kobak and Andrew Call, will cover the role from October 5, when Armstrong jets off to Venezuela.
More Green Day News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2