Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day Will Make Broadway Debut in 'American Idiot'
Green Day star Billie Joe Armstrong is to make his Broadway debut as one of the lead characters in the musical he helped to create. The punk icon will portray St. Jimmy onstage in "American Idiot" for a week beginning on Tuesday, September 28.
The show will give Armstrong a chance to warm up his vocals before hitting the stage with Green Day in Caracas, Venezuela on October 8 when the trio will kick off a South American Tour. Original Broadway cast member and current St. Jimmy, Tony Vincent, will resume performances on October 12, following a leave of absence due to "a personal family matter".
Vincent's understudies, Joshua Kobak and Andrew Call, will cover the role from October 5, when Armstrong jets off to Venezuela.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital