Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day Will Make Broadway Debut in 'American Idiot'
Green Day star Billie Joe Armstrong is to make his Broadway debut as one of the lead characters in the musical he helped to create. The punk icon will portray St. Jimmy onstage in "American Idiot" for a week beginning on Tuesday, September 28.
The show will give Armstrong a chance to warm up his vocals before hitting the stage with Green Day in Caracas, Venezuela on October 8 when the trio will kick off a South American Tour. Original Broadway cast member and current St. Jimmy, Tony Vincent, will resume performances on October 12, following a leave of absence due to "a personal family matter".
Vincent's understudies, Joshua Kobak and Andrew Call, will cover the role from October 5, when Armstrong jets off to Venezuela.
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat