Ronnie James Dio to Be Honored With Statue in Bulgaria
Late rocker Ronnie James Dio is to be honored in Bulgaria - a statue of the Heaven and Hell star will be unveiled in a Kavarna park. Town Mayor Tzonko Tzonev led the charge to pay tribute to Dio as a mark of respect to the rock star, who became one of Bulgaria's top concert draws and was instrumental in campaigning for the liberation of a group of the nation's nurses imprisoned in Libya.
Rock news website Blabbermouth reports a replica of the monument was displayed during the three-day Kavarna Rock Fest in July. Sculptors Alexander Petrov and Krasimir Krastev-Lomsky have been commissioned to create Dio's likeness. Dio was one of the first heavy rock icons to play Kavarna, and performed in Bulgaria five times. The rocker lost his battle with stomach cancer in May.
According to the site, the actual statue will be 1.5 meters in height and will be combined with large stones taken from the sea.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie