Ronnie James Dio to Be Honored With Statue in Bulgaria
Late rocker Ronnie James Dio is to be honored in Bulgaria - a statue of the Heaven and Hell star will be unveiled in a Kavarna park. Town Mayor Tzonko Tzonev led the charge to pay tribute to Dio as a mark of respect to the rock star, who became one of Bulgaria's top concert draws and was instrumental in campaigning for the liberation of a group of the nation's nurses imprisoned in Libya.
Rock news website Blabbermouth reports a replica of the monument was displayed during the three-day Kavarna Rock Fest in July. Sculptors Alexander Petrov and Krasimir Krastev-Lomsky have been commissioned to create Dio's likeness. Dio was one of the first heavy rock icons to play Kavarna, and performed in Bulgaria five times. The rocker lost his battle with stomach cancer in May.
According to the site, the actual statue will be 1.5 meters in height and will be combined with large stones taken from the sea.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip