MGMT to Change Music Style in Next Album
Electro-pop stars MGMT are under pressure from their record label to change their musical style following the release of their last album, "Congratulations". The band shot to fame upon the release of their 2007 offering "Oracular Spectacular", which landed them a Grammy Award nomination for Best New Artist, while their track Kids also received a nod.
The duo released the follow-up "Congratulations" in April this year, but the musicians admit bosses at their Columbia label were less than impressed with their new sound and have vowed to take tighter control of their next album. Andrew Vanwyngarden tells Scotland's Daily Record newspaper, "I definitely think our music will change in the future because 'Congratulations' is almost two years old now. We have some ideas and have been talking about possible directions of where to go next."
"We are just in much more positive mental states than when we wrote 'Congratulations'. We're less anxious. We've been looking at relationships with the label during the recording process and it's quite different this time. They'll be more involved and not give us as much freedom."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show