MGMT to Change Music Style in Next Album
Electro-pop stars MGMT are under pressure from their record label to change their musical style following the release of their last album, "Congratulations". The band shot to fame upon the release of their 2007 offering "Oracular Spectacular", which landed them a Grammy Award nomination for Best New Artist, while their track Kids also received a nod.
The duo released the follow-up "Congratulations" in April this year, but the musicians admit bosses at their Columbia label were less than impressed with their new sound and have vowed to take tighter control of their next album. Andrew Vanwyngarden tells Scotland's Daily Record newspaper, "I definitely think our music will change in the future because 'Congratulations' is almost two years old now. We have some ideas and have been talking about possible directions of where to go next."
"We are just in much more positive mental states than when we wrote 'Congratulations'. We're less anxious. We've been looking at relationships with the label during the recording process and it's quite different this time. They'll be more involved and not give us as much freedom."
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts