MGMT to Change Music Style in Next Album
Electro-pop stars MGMT are under pressure from their record label to change their musical style following the release of their last album, "Congratulations". The band shot to fame upon the release of their 2007 offering "Oracular Spectacular", which landed them a Grammy Award nomination for Best New Artist, while their track Kids also received a nod.
The duo released the follow-up "Congratulations" in April this year, but the musicians admit bosses at their Columbia label were less than impressed with their new sound and have vowed to take tighter control of their next album. Andrew Vanwyngarden tells Scotland's Daily Record newspaper, "I definitely think our music will change in the future because 'Congratulations' is almost two years old now. We have some ideas and have been talking about possible directions of where to go next."
"We are just in much more positive mental states than when we wrote 'Congratulations'. We're less anxious. We've been looking at relationships with the label during the recording process and it's quite different this time. They'll be more involved and not give us as much freedom."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes