Mick Hucknall Grieving Late Father at Trip to Hometown
Mick Hucknall was overcome with grief during a trip back to his hometown for a TV show because the journey brought back memories of his late father. The Simply Red star headed back to Manchester, England for new program "Simply Red: For The Last Time", which documented the final months of the band.
And Hucknall admitted he felt nothing but sadness when he revisited places he frequented in his youth, because he is still hurting following the death of his dad Reg in November 2009. He tells Britain's The Sun, "We went to the houses I was brought up in around Denton. Then we went to the Free Trade Hall where Simply Red have performed and I saw the Sex Pistols in 1976."
"We ended up at Old Trafford. I went to my first Manchester United (soccer) game in 1968 and I've been a fan ever since. In the beginning I took going back to Manchester for granted. I thought, 'I've been here so many times, I'll just... talk and talk, it'll be fine'."
"But it hit me when I got back in the car to go to the airport, I lost my father in November last year and I'm still grieving. I aged 10 years overnight when he died. And I'm only just realizing that I'm coming to terms with it."
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage