Mick Hucknall Grieving Late Father at Trip to Hometown
Mick Hucknall was overcome with grief during a trip back to his hometown for a TV show because the journey brought back memories of his late father. The Simply Red star headed back to Manchester, England for new program "Simply Red: For The Last Time", which documented the final months of the band.
And Hucknall admitted he felt nothing but sadness when he revisited places he frequented in his youth, because he is still hurting following the death of his dad Reg in November 2009. He tells Britain's The Sun, "We went to the houses I was brought up in around Denton. Then we went to the Free Trade Hall where Simply Red have performed and I saw the Sex Pistols in 1976."
"We ended up at Old Trafford. I went to my first Manchester United (soccer) game in 1968 and I've been a fan ever since. In the beginning I took going back to Manchester for granted. I thought, 'I've been here so many times, I'll just... talk and talk, it'll be fine'."
"But it hit me when I got back in the car to go to the airport, I lost my father in November last year and I'm still grieving. I aged 10 years overnight when he died. And I'm only just realizing that I'm coming to terms with it."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked