Mick Hucknall Grieving Late Father at Trip to Hometown
Mick Hucknall was overcome with grief during a trip back to his hometown for a TV show because the journey brought back memories of his late father. The Simply Red star headed back to Manchester, England for new program "Simply Red: For The Last Time", which documented the final months of the band.
And Hucknall admitted he felt nothing but sadness when he revisited places he frequented in his youth, because he is still hurting following the death of his dad Reg in November 2009. He tells Britain's The Sun, "We went to the houses I was brought up in around Denton. Then we went to the Free Trade Hall where Simply Red have performed and I saw the Sex Pistols in 1976."
"We ended up at Old Trafford. I went to my first Manchester United (soccer) game in 1968 and I've been a fan ever since. In the beginning I took going back to Manchester for granted. I thought, 'I've been here so many times, I'll just... talk and talk, it'll be fine'."
"But it hit me when I got back in the car to go to the airport, I lost my father in November last year and I'm still grieving. I aged 10 years overnight when he died. And I'm only just realizing that I'm coming to terms with it."
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'