Andrew Garfield Stops Wasting Time on Facebook
Actor Andrew Garfield shut down his personal Facebook.com account after becoming addicted to the social networking website and "wasting" hours online. The 27 year old stars as Eduardo Saverin, one of the co-founders of the popular site, in new movie "The Social Network", which chronicles the early days of Facebook.
But Garfield confesses he no longer uses the website to keep in touch with friends after implementing a self-imposed ban. He tells WENN, "I used to be on Facebook, I'm now not... Like most people I was just wasting my time on it and I just realized I could be spending my time more wisely."
However, the star insists he is still a big fan of the brains behind the online phenomenon: "I admire it (Facebook.com) greatly, I feel like (co-founder) Mark Zuckerberg is a true alchemist and magician for creating this device that has revolutionized the way we communicate and I'm in awe of that."
More Andrew Garfield News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5