Broke Jermaine Jackson Asking for Reduced Child Support
Jermaine Jackson is so broke he can't afford to keep up with his child support payments, according to court documents. The Jackson Five legend filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court earlier this week alleging his finances are so dire he can no longer pay $3,000-a-month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty.
He has asked a judge to cut the costs down to just $215 -per-month, and insists his ex-wife Alejandra Jackson earns more money than him and lives for free at his mother Katherine's estate. According to the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, the star has earned very little since his $450,000 fee for appearing on Britain's "Celebrity Big Brother" TV show in 2007.
The claims come almost a year after Alejandra filed suit against the singer, alleging he had failed to hand over $35,550 towards the up-keep of their two sons. The couple married in 1995 and Jermaine filed for divorce in 2004.
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced