Broke Jermaine Jackson Asking for Reduced Child Support
Jermaine Jackson is so broke he can't afford to keep up with his child support payments, according to court documents. The Jackson Five legend filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court earlier this week alleging his finances are so dire he can no longer pay $3,000-a-month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty.
He has asked a judge to cut the costs down to just $215 -per-month, and insists his ex-wife Alejandra Jackson earns more money than him and lives for free at his mother Katherine's estate. According to the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, the star has earned very little since his $450,000 fee for appearing on Britain's "Celebrity Big Brother" TV show in 2007.
The claims come almost a year after Alejandra filed suit against the singer, alleging he had failed to hand over $35,550 towards the up-keep of their two sons. The couple married in 1995 and Jermaine filed for divorce in 2004.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent