Broke Jermaine Jackson Asking for Reduced Child Support
Jermaine Jackson is so broke he can't afford to keep up with his child support payments, according to court documents. The Jackson Five legend filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court earlier this week alleging his finances are so dire he can no longer pay $3,000-a-month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty.
He has asked a judge to cut the costs down to just $215 -per-month, and insists his ex-wife Alejandra Jackson earns more money than him and lives for free at his mother Katherine's estate. According to the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, the star has earned very little since his $450,000 fee for appearing on Britain's "Celebrity Big Brother" TV show in 2007.
The claims come almost a year after Alejandra filed suit against the singer, alleging he had failed to hand over $35,550 towards the up-keep of their two sons. The couple married in 1995 and Jermaine filed for divorce in 2004.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle