Black Francis of Pixies to Launch Rock Opera in November
Pixies star Black Francis is to launch his rock opera "Bluefinger: The Fall and Rise of Herman Brood" in Houston, Texas in November. The cult indie rocker's latest venture will open at the The Catastrophic Theater and will be co-produced with leading members of the University of Houston School of Theater & Dance.
Bluefinger was inspired by the critically acclaimed 2007 Black Francis album of the same name. The concept album focuses entirely on the life and death of Herman Brood, a Dutch artist, rocker and junkie who leaped to his death from the roof of the Amsterdam Hilton in 2001.
Black Francis, however, will not appear on stage for the performance, Exclaim.ca reported. The roles of both Francis and Brood will be filled by Texas musician Michael Haaga and Matthew Kelly respectively.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush