Black Francis of Pixies to Launch Rock Opera in November
Pixies star Black Francis is to launch his rock opera "Bluefinger: The Fall and Rise of Herman Brood" in Houston, Texas in November. The cult indie rocker's latest venture will open at the The Catastrophic Theater and will be co-produced with leading members of the University of Houston School of Theater & Dance.
Bluefinger was inspired by the critically acclaimed 2007 Black Francis album of the same name. The concept album focuses entirely on the life and death of Herman Brood, a Dutch artist, rocker and junkie who leaped to his death from the roof of the Amsterdam Hilton in 2001.
Black Francis, however, will not appear on stage for the performance, Exclaim.ca reported. The roles of both Francis and Brood will be filled by Texas musician Michael Haaga and Matthew Kelly respectively.
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig