Black Francis of Pixies to Launch Rock Opera in November
Pixies star Black Francis is to launch his rock opera "Bluefinger: The Fall and Rise of Herman Brood" in Houston, Texas in November. The cult indie rocker's latest venture will open at the The Catastrophic Theater and will be co-produced with leading members of the University of Houston School of Theater & Dance.
Bluefinger was inspired by the critically acclaimed 2007 Black Francis album of the same name. The concept album focuses entirely on the life and death of Herman Brood, a Dutch artist, rocker and junkie who leaped to his death from the roof of the Amsterdam Hilton in 2001.
Black Francis, however, will not appear on stage for the performance, Exclaim.ca reported. The roles of both Francis and Brood will be filled by Texas musician Michael Haaga and Matthew Kelly respectively.
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson