Black Francis of Pixies to Launch Rock Opera in November
Pixies star Black Francis is to launch his rock opera "Bluefinger: The Fall and Rise of Herman Brood" in Houston, Texas in November. The cult indie rocker's latest venture will open at the The Catastrophic Theater and will be co-produced with leading members of the University of Houston School of Theater & Dance.
Bluefinger was inspired by the critically acclaimed 2007 Black Francis album of the same name. The concept album focuses entirely on the life and death of Herman Brood, a Dutch artist, rocker and junkie who leaped to his death from the roof of the Amsterdam Hilton in 2001.
Black Francis, however, will not appear on stage for the performance, Exclaim.ca reported. The roles of both Francis and Brood will be filled by Texas musician Michael Haaga and Matthew Kelly respectively.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?