Black Francis of Pixies to Launch Rock Opera in November
Pixies star Black Francis is to launch his rock opera "Bluefinger: The Fall and Rise of Herman Brood" in Houston, Texas in November. The cult indie rocker's latest venture will open at the The Catastrophic Theater and will be co-produced with leading members of the University of Houston School of Theater & Dance.
Bluefinger was inspired by the critically acclaimed 2007 Black Francis album of the same name. The concept album focuses entirely on the life and death of Herman Brood, a Dutch artist, rocker and junkie who leaped to his death from the roof of the Amsterdam Hilton in 2001.
Black Francis, however, will not appear on stage for the performance, Exclaim.ca reported. The roles of both Francis and Brood will be filled by Texas musician Michael Haaga and Matthew Kelly respectively.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'