Eric Roberts Sleeps Well After Kicking Pot Addiction
Recovering pot addict Eric Roberts is enjoying the most peaceful nights' sleep he has had in years after discovering his marijuana habit had done nothing to cure his long-running problems with insomnia. "The Expendables" star, who is Julia Roberts' brother and the father of actress Emma Roberts, entered a drug rehabilitation facility over the summer in a bid to kick his 16-year weed addiction once and for all.
His treatment was documented for the new season of celebrity counselor Dr. Drew Pinsky's reality show "Celebrity Rehab" and Roberts has now been sober for over two months. He says, "I started smoking pot at 13 years old and I took a hiatus from it for 10 years when I did cocaine. Then I started smoking pot about 16 years ago and I smoked pot pretty much every day since (until rehab)."
And Roberts admits he has already seen a dramatic difference in his lifestyle - because he hasn't had a sleepless night since kicking the drug. "I started smoking pot for anger management and for sleep and it ends up getting in the way of sleep and it ends up making you cranky, so, yes, I'm sleeping now and I'm a lot sweeter," he shares.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream