Michael Lohan Blames Lawyer for Lindsay's New Jail Stint
Michael Lohan has lashed out at the lawyer representing his troubled daughter Lindsay Lohan after she was sent to jail on Friday, September 24 for failing two court-ordered drug tests. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox ordered the "Mean Girls" star be remanded in custody immediately after the hearing and denied the actress bail after she admitted to testing positive for drugs last week.
The test results were in violation of her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI arrest. Michael Lohan, who was present for the judge's verdict, staged a press conference outside the Beverly Hills courthouse, and blasted Lindsay's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley and her manager Lou Taylor, blaming them for securing the actress an early release from rehab in August before she had properly dealt with her drug issues.
He told reporters, "They are destroying my daughter's life. It is a horrible situation... She has not gotten the help with her addiction yet." And Michael admits he'd do anything to swap places with the 24 year old because she doesn't deserve jail. He tells UsMagazine.com, "I'd rather be in jail than my daughter today. Jail is not good for anybody."
Lindsay is expected to remain behind bars until her next hearing on October 22.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover