Bill Clinton Invited Rolling Stones to UN Meeting
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton turned the United Nations headquarters into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, September 23 when he invited The Rolling Stones stars Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood to a meeting of his Global Initiative. Some of the world's most powerful individuals gave speeches at the annual gathering, including current U.S. President Barack Obama, his wife Michelle and Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates.
And Clinton made a little extra room for two special guests - Jagger, who is currently based in New York, and Wood, who is in the Big Apple promoting his new solo album "Feel Like Playing". Clinton, who spent time with Jagger in South Africa this summer watching World Cup soccer games, took the opportunity to reconnect with Wood, with whom he shares a love of art. The former politician has bought a number of the rocker's paintings and Wood promised to send him more from his latest collection.
Speaking to WENN after his audience with Clinton, the Rolling Stone revealed, "It was a last-minute thing. I had no idea I was going. It was a bit like being at a lecture, but I got to hang out with Bill afterwards, which was cool. He gave me a hug and said 'I want your new album' and then he said 'I've got your paintings up in my house, in my office.' and I told him, 'You've got some more coming'."
"I really like him. He's a really down-to-earth guy and I think he's the best president they've had since Kennedy. He's the most popular at least."
More The Rolling Stones News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'