The Verve's Ex-Drummer to Fill In for Cancer-Stricken Jon Brookes
Former The Verve drummer Pete Salisbury has joined The Charlatans to replace Jon Brookes as he battles a brain tumor. The British band canceled a string of shows in the U.S. after the percussionist collapsed at a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania last week. He was later diagnosed with brain cancer and will take a break from the group to focus on his health struggle.
The Charlatans vowed to continue performing and have now hired Salisbury to take over the drums on their upcoming U.K. tour. The band will unveil the new line-up at a charity gig in London on Monday, September 27 and the tour kicks off in Hatfield, England on October 5. "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support," the rockers said in a statement.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women