The Verve's Ex-Drummer to Fill In for Cancer-Stricken Jon Brookes
Former The Verve drummer Pete Salisbury has joined The Charlatans to replace Jon Brookes as he battles a brain tumor. The British band canceled a string of shows in the U.S. after the percussionist collapsed at a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania last week. He was later diagnosed with brain cancer and will take a break from the group to focus on his health struggle.
The Charlatans vowed to continue performing and have now hired Salisbury to take over the drums on their upcoming U.K. tour. The band will unveil the new line-up at a charity gig in London on Monday, September 27 and the tour kicks off in Hatfield, England on October 5. "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support," the rockers said in a statement.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour