The Verve's Ex-Drummer to Fill In for Cancer-Stricken Jon Brookes
Former The Verve drummer Pete Salisbury has joined The Charlatans to replace Jon Brookes as he battles a brain tumor. The British band canceled a string of shows in the U.S. after the percussionist collapsed at a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania last week. He was later diagnosed with brain cancer and will take a break from the group to focus on his health struggle.
The Charlatans vowed to continue performing and have now hired Salisbury to take over the drums on their upcoming U.K. tour. The band will unveil the new line-up at a charity gig in London on Monday, September 27 and the tour kicks off in Hatfield, England on October 5. "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support," the rockers said in a statement.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation