The Verve's Ex-Drummer to Fill In for Cancer-Stricken Jon Brookes
Former The Verve drummer Pete Salisbury has joined The Charlatans to replace Jon Brookes as he battles a brain tumor. The British band canceled a string of shows in the U.S. after the percussionist collapsed at a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania last week. He was later diagnosed with brain cancer and will take a break from the group to focus on his health struggle.
The Charlatans vowed to continue performing and have now hired Salisbury to take over the drums on their upcoming U.K. tour. The band will unveil the new line-up at a charity gig in London on Monday, September 27 and the tour kicks off in Hatfield, England on October 5. "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support," the rockers said in a statement.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance