The Verve's Ex-Drummer to Fill In for Cancer-Stricken Jon Brookes
Former The Verve drummer Pete Salisbury has joined The Charlatans to replace Jon Brookes as he battles a brain tumor. The British band canceled a string of shows in the U.S. after the percussionist collapsed at a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania last week. He was later diagnosed with brain cancer and will take a break from the group to focus on his health struggle.
The Charlatans vowed to continue performing and have now hired Salisbury to take over the drums on their upcoming U.K. tour. The band will unveil the new line-up at a charity gig in London on Monday, September 27 and the tour kicks off in Hatfield, England on October 5. "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support," the rockers said in a statement.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby