Creator of 'Lone Star' Begs Viewers to Watch After Low Debut
The creator of Jon Voight's latest TV show "Lone Star" has written a public letter begging fans to watch the programme to prevent bosses axing it. The drama series, which follows a man's secret double life, debuted on FOX in America on Monday, September 20 night to disappointing figures.
Now creator Kyle Killen is pleading with fans to make sure they watch the next installment to perform "a minor miracle" by helping the show "survive". He writes on his blog, "For us to survive we're going to have to pull off a minor miracle. New shows tend to lose viewers in their second week. We're aiming to gain them. In fact, screw it, let's double our audience. The good news is, our audience was so small that if my Mum and my Dad watch it, we'll pretty much be there."
"The truth is, what we need to do is nearly impossible... So here's the plan. You go deep. All of you. You and millions of your friends... And you my friend, you could say you were there, you and all your friends, just taking one big Gatorade bath with the millions of people who, like you, decided to say 'F you' to statistics and just settle in for a damn good hour of television. So spread the word."
Angelina Jolie's dad Voight stars as a Texan oil tycoon in the series. The second episode will air on September 27.
More Lone Star News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says