Creator of 'Lone Star' Begs Viewers to Watch After Low Debut
The creator of Jon Voight's latest TV show "Lone Star" has written a public letter begging fans to watch the programme to prevent bosses axing it. The drama series, which follows a man's secret double life, debuted on FOX in America on Monday, September 20 night to disappointing figures.
Now creator Kyle Killen is pleading with fans to make sure they watch the next installment to perform "a minor miracle" by helping the show "survive". He writes on his blog, "For us to survive we're going to have to pull off a minor miracle. New shows tend to lose viewers in their second week. We're aiming to gain them. In fact, screw it, let's double our audience. The good news is, our audience was so small that if my Mum and my Dad watch it, we'll pretty much be there."
"The truth is, what we need to do is nearly impossible... So here's the plan. You go deep. All of you. You and millions of your friends... And you my friend, you could say you were there, you and all your friends, just taking one big Gatorade bath with the millions of people who, like you, decided to say 'F you' to statistics and just settle in for a damn good hour of television. So spread the word."
Angelina Jolie's dad Voight stars as a Texan oil tycoon in the series. The second episode will air on September 27.
More Lone Star News
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI