Steve Bass Announced as Oscars Production Designer
Top production designer Steve Bass will be responsible for the look of the Oscars in 2011 when he makes his debut at the Academy Awards. Bass has previously created the look of the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, the We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration event at the Lincoln Memorial and the 2004 Democratic National Convention.
He has won Emmy Awards as the art director of the Centennial Olympic Games: Opening Ceremonies and the 47th Annual Grammy Awards.
"I have collaborated with Steve several times, and he's the perfect person for this year's Oscars. He's an innovative, creative talent who I know will do justice to the tradition and glamour of the Academy Awards," Oscar telecast producer Don Mischer said.
"Don and I knew right away that Steve would be the absolute best partner to bring our vision to life in terms of the production design of the Oscar show," another producer of the annual event, Bruce Cohen, said. "He is truly a master at designing for high-profile, grand-scale events."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier