Steve Bass Announced as Oscars Production Designer
Top production designer Steve Bass will be responsible for the look of the Oscars in 2011 when he makes his debut at the Academy Awards. Bass has previously created the look of the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, the We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration event at the Lincoln Memorial and the 2004 Democratic National Convention.
He has won Emmy Awards as the art director of the Centennial Olympic Games: Opening Ceremonies and the 47th Annual Grammy Awards.
"I have collaborated with Steve several times, and he's the perfect person for this year's Oscars. He's an innovative, creative talent who I know will do justice to the tradition and glamour of the Academy Awards," Oscar telecast producer Don Mischer said.
"Don and I knew right away that Steve would be the absolute best partner to bring our vision to life in terms of the production design of the Oscar show," another producer of the annual event, Bruce Cohen, said. "He is truly a master at designing for high-profile, grand-scale events."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle