Steve Bass Announced as Oscars Production Designer
Top production designer Steve Bass will be responsible for the look of the Oscars in 2011 when he makes his debut at the Academy Awards. Bass has previously created the look of the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, the We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration event at the Lincoln Memorial and the 2004 Democratic National Convention.
He has won Emmy Awards as the art director of the Centennial Olympic Games: Opening Ceremonies and the 47th Annual Grammy Awards.
"I have collaborated with Steve several times, and he's the perfect person for this year's Oscars. He's an innovative, creative talent who I know will do justice to the tradition and glamour of the Academy Awards," Oscar telecast producer Don Mischer said.
"Don and I knew right away that Steve would be the absolute best partner to bring our vision to life in terms of the production design of the Oscar show," another producer of the annual event, Bruce Cohen, said. "He is truly a master at designing for high-profile, grand-scale events."
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2