Steve Bass Announced as Oscars Production Designer
Top production designer Steve Bass will be responsible for the look of the Oscars in 2011 when he makes his debut at the Academy Awards. Bass has previously created the look of the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, the We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration event at the Lincoln Memorial and the 2004 Democratic National Convention.
He has won Emmy Awards as the art director of the Centennial Olympic Games: Opening Ceremonies and the 47th Annual Grammy Awards.
"I have collaborated with Steve several times, and he's the perfect person for this year's Oscars. He's an innovative, creative talent who I know will do justice to the tradition and glamour of the Academy Awards," Oscar telecast producer Don Mischer said.
"Don and I knew right away that Steve would be the absolute best partner to bring our vision to life in terms of the production design of the Oscar show," another producer of the annual event, Bruce Cohen, said. "He is truly a master at designing for high-profile, grand-scale events."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service