Steve Bass Announced as Oscars Production Designer
Top production designer Steve Bass will be responsible for the look of the Oscars in 2011 when he makes his debut at the Academy Awards. Bass has previously created the look of the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, the We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration event at the Lincoln Memorial and the 2004 Democratic National Convention.
He has won Emmy Awards as the art director of the Centennial Olympic Games: Opening Ceremonies and the 47th Annual Grammy Awards.
"I have collaborated with Steve several times, and he's the perfect person for this year's Oscars. He's an innovative, creative talent who I know will do justice to the tradition and glamour of the Academy Awards," Oscar telecast producer Don Mischer said.
"Don and I knew right away that Steve would be the absolute best partner to bring our vision to life in terms of the production design of the Oscar show," another producer of the annual event, Bruce Cohen, said. "He is truly a master at designing for high-profile, grand-scale events."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris