Adam Lambert Approves J.Lo and Steven Tyler as New 'American Idol' Judges
Former "American Idol" contestant Adam Lambert has given his seal of approval to the show's new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler - insisting the stars will make the talent contest more credible. Lopez and the Aerosmith rocker were unveiled as the new panelists of the hit U.S. reality series on Wednesday, September 22, following weeks of speculation over who would replace exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.
And now the new additions have been named, Lambert, who landed the runner-up place on the program last year, has spoken out in support of the high-profile choices. He says, "I think Steven Tyler's obviously an icon. I think it's really cool - it will give it (the show) some cred (credibility). I think J-Lo gives them some cred. She's urban pop - hopefully they can find some urban pop artists."
The new series will start in January, 2011.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert