Adam Lambert Approves J.Lo and Steven Tyler as New 'American Idol' Judges
Former "American Idol" contestant Adam Lambert has given his seal of approval to the show's new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler - insisting the stars will make the talent contest more credible. Lopez and the Aerosmith rocker were unveiled as the new panelists of the hit U.S. reality series on Wednesday, September 22, following weeks of speculation over who would replace exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.
And now the new additions have been named, Lambert, who landed the runner-up place on the program last year, has spoken out in support of the high-profile choices. He says, "I think Steven Tyler's obviously an icon. I think it's really cool - it will give it (the show) some cred (credibility). I think J-Lo gives them some cred. She's urban pop - hopefully they can find some urban pop artists."
The new series will start in January, 2011.
More American Idol News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'