Adam Lambert Approves J.Lo and Steven Tyler as New 'American Idol' Judges
Former "American Idol" contestant Adam Lambert has given his seal of approval to the show's new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler - insisting the stars will make the talent contest more credible. Lopez and the Aerosmith rocker were unveiled as the new panelists of the hit U.S. reality series on Wednesday, September 22, following weeks of speculation over who would replace exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.
And now the new additions have been named, Lambert, who landed the runner-up place on the program last year, has spoken out in support of the high-profile choices. He says, "I think Steven Tyler's obviously an icon. I think it's really cool - it will give it (the show) some cred (credibility). I think J-Lo gives them some cred. She's urban pop - hopefully they can find some urban pop artists."
The new series will start in January, 2011.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps