Adam Lambert Approves J.Lo and Steven Tyler as New 'American Idol' Judges
Former "American Idol" contestant Adam Lambert has given his seal of approval to the show's new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler - insisting the stars will make the talent contest more credible. Lopez and the Aerosmith rocker were unveiled as the new panelists of the hit U.S. reality series on Wednesday, September 22, following weeks of speculation over who would replace exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.
And now the new additions have been named, Lambert, who landed the runner-up place on the program last year, has spoken out in support of the high-profile choices. He says, "I think Steven Tyler's obviously an icon. I think it's really cool - it will give it (the show) some cred (credibility). I think J-Lo gives them some cred. She's urban pop - hopefully they can find some urban pop artists."
The new series will start in January, 2011.
More American Idol News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'