Adam Lambert Approves J.Lo and Steven Tyler as New 'American Idol' Judges
Former "American Idol" contestant Adam Lambert has given his seal of approval to the show's new judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler - insisting the stars will make the talent contest more credible. Lopez and the Aerosmith rocker were unveiled as the new panelists of the hit U.S. reality series on Wednesday, September 22, following weeks of speculation over who would replace exiting judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi.
And now the new additions have been named, Lambert, who landed the runner-up place on the program last year, has spoken out in support of the high-profile choices. He says, "I think Steven Tyler's obviously an icon. I think it's really cool - it will give it (the show) some cred (credibility). I think J-Lo gives them some cred. She's urban pop - hopefully they can find some urban pop artists."
The new series will start in January, 2011.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why