Sean Penn to Receive Humanitarian Award for Haiti Work
Actor and activist Sean Penn has been honored for his charity work in Haiti with this year's Hollywood Humanitarian Award. The Oscar winner co-founded the J/P HRO Haitian Relief Organization in the wake of the January earthquake and has spent months in the Caribbean nation helping to distribute food and medical supplies, as well as build schools and hospitals.
He has also set up a campsite in the country's capital, Port-au-Prince, to help provide temporary housing for an estimated 50,000 survivors left homeless by the tremors. Penn was made a knight in Haiti in July - and now his tireless charity work has landed him another accolade. He'll be the star guest at next month's Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony to pick up the humanitarian prize.
Hollywood Film Festival Founder and Executive Director Carlos de Abreu says, "It is an honor to recognize the inspiring humanitarian efforts that Sean Penn and his J/P Haitian Relief Organization have been providing to the great people of Haiti."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake