Sean Penn to Receive Humanitarian Award for Haiti Work
Actor and activist Sean Penn has been honored for his charity work in Haiti with this year's Hollywood Humanitarian Award. The Oscar winner co-founded the J/P HRO Haitian Relief Organization in the wake of the January earthquake and has spent months in the Caribbean nation helping to distribute food and medical supplies, as well as build schools and hospitals.
He has also set up a campsite in the country's capital, Port-au-Prince, to help provide temporary housing for an estimated 50,000 survivors left homeless by the tremors. Penn was made a knight in Haiti in July - and now his tireless charity work has landed him another accolade. He'll be the star guest at next month's Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony to pick up the humanitarian prize.
Hollywood Film Festival Founder and Executive Director Carlos de Abreu says, "It is an honor to recognize the inspiring humanitarian efforts that Sean Penn and his J/P Haitian Relief Organization have been providing to the great people of Haiti."
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win