The Charlatans' Drummer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor
The Chalatans drummer Jon Brookes has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The percussionist was hospitalized last week after collapsing during a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band scrapped the rest of its U.S. tour and the musician returned to his native Britain.
A statement from the group has now confirmed Brookes is suffering from brain cancer and they have thanked fans for their support as the star continues treatment. The message from the rockers reads, "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support."
The band also revealed they will be hiring a "short-term replacement" while Brookes battles the brain tumor. The trek is held to support their 11th studio album "Who We Touch" and is actually extended to U.K. for 13 dates in October.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?