The Charlatans' Drummer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor
The Chalatans drummer Jon Brookes has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The percussionist was hospitalized last week after collapsing during a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band scrapped the rest of its U.S. tour and the musician returned to his native Britain.
A statement from the group has now confirmed Brookes is suffering from brain cancer and they have thanked fans for their support as the star continues treatment. The message from the rockers reads, "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support."
The band also revealed they will be hiring a "short-term replacement" while Brookes battles the brain tumor. The trek is held to support their 11th studio album "Who We Touch" and is actually extended to U.K. for 13 dates in October.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce