The Charlatans' Drummer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor
The Chalatans drummer Jon Brookes has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The percussionist was hospitalized last week after collapsing during a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band scrapped the rest of its U.S. tour and the musician returned to his native Britain.
A statement from the group has now confirmed Brookes is suffering from brain cancer and they have thanked fans for their support as the star continues treatment. The message from the rockers reads, "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support."
The band also revealed they will be hiring a "short-term replacement" while Brookes battles the brain tumor. The trek is held to support their 11th studio album "Who We Touch" and is actually extended to U.K. for 13 dates in October.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'