The Charlatans' Drummer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor
The Chalatans drummer Jon Brookes has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The percussionist was hospitalized last week after collapsing during a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band scrapped the rest of its U.S. tour and the musician returned to his native Britain.
A statement from the group has now confirmed Brookes is suffering from brain cancer and they have thanked fans for their support as the star continues treatment. The message from the rockers reads, "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support."
The band also revealed they will be hiring a "short-term replacement" while Brookes battles the brain tumor. The trek is held to support their 11th studio album "Who We Touch" and is actually extended to U.K. for 13 dates in October.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy