The Charlatans' Drummer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor
The Chalatans drummer Jon Brookes has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The percussionist was hospitalized last week after collapsing during a gig in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band scrapped the rest of its U.S. tour and the musician returned to his native Britain.
A statement from the group has now confirmed Brookes is suffering from brain cancer and they have thanked fans for their support as the star continues treatment. The message from the rockers reads, "The band and Jon would like to thank all well wishers for their kind messages of support."
The band also revealed they will be hiring a "short-term replacement" while Brookes battles the brain tumor. The trek is held to support their 11th studio album "Who We Touch" and is actually extended to U.K. for 13 dates in October.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son