The Zutons' Dave McCabe Found Guilty in Drunken Brawl
The Zutons rocker Dave McCabe has been found guilty of assault for headbutting a stranger in a drunken brawl. The singer was convicted on one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm for attacking Peter Appleby in an altercation at a nightclub in Liverpool, England in February.
Appleby claimed the star broke his nose in the attack, which was prompted when his group of friends insulted McCabe's girlfriend. McCabe, who admitted drinking three glasses of wine and five bottles of beer before the attack, insisted he had been provoked and acted in self-defense, but a jury at Liverpool Crown Court disagreed and found him guilty on Wednesday, September 22.
The star now faces a possible jail sentence following the guilty verdict. It was not known when he will be sentenced as WENN went to press.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?