The Zutons' Dave McCabe Found Guilty in Drunken Brawl
The Zutons rocker Dave McCabe has been found guilty of assault for headbutting a stranger in a drunken brawl. The singer was convicted on one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm for attacking Peter Appleby in an altercation at a nightclub in Liverpool, England in February.
Appleby claimed the star broke his nose in the attack, which was prompted when his group of friends insulted McCabe's girlfriend. McCabe, who admitted drinking three glasses of wine and five bottles of beer before the attack, insisted he had been provoked and acted in self-defense, but a jury at Liverpool Crown Court disagreed and found him guilty on Wednesday, September 22.
The star now faces a possible jail sentence following the guilty verdict. It was not known when he will be sentenced as WENN went to press.
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii