The Zutons' Dave McCabe Found Guilty in Drunken Brawl
The Zutons rocker Dave McCabe has been found guilty of assault for headbutting a stranger in a drunken brawl. The singer was convicted on one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm for attacking Peter Appleby in an altercation at a nightclub in Liverpool, England in February.
Appleby claimed the star broke his nose in the attack, which was prompted when his group of friends insulted McCabe's girlfriend. McCabe, who admitted drinking three glasses of wine and five bottles of beer before the attack, insisted he had been provoked and acted in self-defense, but a jury at Liverpool Crown Court disagreed and found him guilty on Wednesday, September 22.
The star now faces a possible jail sentence following the guilty verdict. It was not known when he will be sentenced as WENN went to press.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video