The Zutons' Dave McCabe Found Guilty in Drunken Brawl
The Zutons rocker Dave McCabe has been found guilty of assault for headbutting a stranger in a drunken brawl. The singer was convicted on one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm for attacking Peter Appleby in an altercation at a nightclub in Liverpool, England in February.
Appleby claimed the star broke his nose in the attack, which was prompted when his group of friends insulted McCabe's girlfriend. McCabe, who admitted drinking three glasses of wine and five bottles of beer before the attack, insisted he had been provoked and acted in self-defense, but a jury at Liverpool Crown Court disagreed and found him guilty on Wednesday, September 22.
The star now faces a possible jail sentence following the guilty verdict. It was not known when he will be sentenced as WENN went to press.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars