Dennis Hopper's Portrait by Andy Warhol Goes for Auction
Late actor Dennis Hopper's valuable works of art are set to go up for auction in New York - and they're expected to gain $13 million. The creations came under the spotlight before the "Easy Rider" star's death in May, when he filed legal papers accusing his estranged wife Victoria Duffy of stealing art pieces from him while he was battling cancer.
The collection included a portrait of the actor by Andy Warhol, and works by Robert Graham and British graffiti artist Banksy. And now Hopper's pieces are set to go under the hammer - with the personal Warhol portrait expected to get $1.2 million.
Marc Porter, chairman of auction house Christie's, says, "Dennis Hopper was the consummate creator. His pensive, personal collection of art reflected his strong, deep bonds with the artists whose work he collected."
Two sales of Hopper's pieces will take place; in November and next January.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked