Dennis Hopper's Portrait by Andy Warhol Goes for Auction
Late actor Dennis Hopper's valuable works of art are set to go up for auction in New York - and they're expected to gain $13 million. The creations came under the spotlight before the "Easy Rider" star's death in May, when he filed legal papers accusing his estranged wife Victoria Duffy of stealing art pieces from him while he was battling cancer.
The collection included a portrait of the actor by Andy Warhol, and works by Robert Graham and British graffiti artist Banksy. And now Hopper's pieces are set to go under the hammer - with the personal Warhol portrait expected to get $1.2 million.
Marc Porter, chairman of auction house Christie's, says, "Dennis Hopper was the consummate creator. His pensive, personal collection of art reflected his strong, deep bonds with the artists whose work he collected."
Two sales of Hopper's pieces will take place; in November and next January.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off