Dennis Hopper's Portrait by Andy Warhol Goes for Auction
Late actor Dennis Hopper's valuable works of art are set to go up for auction in New York - and they're expected to gain $13 million. The creations came under the spotlight before the "Easy Rider" star's death in May, when he filed legal papers accusing his estranged wife Victoria Duffy of stealing art pieces from him while he was battling cancer.
The collection included a portrait of the actor by Andy Warhol, and works by Robert Graham and British graffiti artist Banksy. And now Hopper's pieces are set to go under the hammer - with the personal Warhol portrait expected to get $1.2 million.
Marc Porter, chairman of auction house Christie's, says, "Dennis Hopper was the consummate creator. His pensive, personal collection of art reflected his strong, deep bonds with the artists whose work he collected."
Two sales of Hopper's pieces will take place; in November and next January.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death