Dennis Hopper's Portrait by Andy Warhol Goes for Auction
Late actor Dennis Hopper's valuable works of art are set to go up for auction in New York - and they're expected to gain $13 million. The creations came under the spotlight before the "Easy Rider" star's death in May, when he filed legal papers accusing his estranged wife Victoria Duffy of stealing art pieces from him while he was battling cancer.
The collection included a portrait of the actor by Andy Warhol, and works by Robert Graham and British graffiti artist Banksy. And now Hopper's pieces are set to go under the hammer - with the personal Warhol portrait expected to get $1.2 million.
Marc Porter, chairman of auction house Christie's, says, "Dennis Hopper was the consummate creator. His pensive, personal collection of art reflected his strong, deep bonds with the artists whose work he collected."
Two sales of Hopper's pieces will take place; in November and next January.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom