Stone Temple Pilots Postpone Concerts Following Scott Weiland's Onstage Ramble
Stone Temple Pilots have scrapped a trio of Texas shows, sparking rumors of trouble on tour. A show in El Paso on Tuesday night, September 21, as well as Lubbock and Corpus Christi gigs, have been postponed without reason. The news, announced by the El Paso Times newspaper on Tuesday, comes less than two days after the rockers hit the stage in Houston, Texas an hour late and frontman Scott Weiland rambled on about his drug addiction and marriage breakdown.
The singer, who has struggled with substance abuse over the last few years and battled heroin addiction before finally getting sober, told fans at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion how he had been affected by his past problems.
He told the crowd, "I believe in music, I believe in rock 'n' roll, I believe in friendship and family. But you know what, on the 8th December will be time (sic) when I stopped doing dope... I started drinking again. I got divorced, my wife... And my whole world basically spun around and so you know what, I'm gonna take care of myself (now) because that's what I need to take care of... Instead of just having a few shows, I wanna have a whole hell of a lot of shows."
A reviewer for HoustonPress.com wrote, "He seemed off mentally, a little too meandering and talkative, bringing up his own past drug and alcohol abuse... Weiland's banter in between songs was odd and confusing. He touched on using inner-ear monitors, the band's first gigs... what grunge means to him and why bands don't destroy gear anymore."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance