Stone Temple Pilots Postpone Concerts Following Scott Weiland's Onstage Ramble
Stone Temple Pilots have scrapped a trio of Texas shows, sparking rumors of trouble on tour. A show in El Paso on Tuesday night, September 21, as well as Lubbock and Corpus Christi gigs, have been postponed without reason. The news, announced by the El Paso Times newspaper on Tuesday, comes less than two days after the rockers hit the stage in Houston, Texas an hour late and frontman Scott Weiland rambled on about his drug addiction and marriage breakdown.
The singer, who has struggled with substance abuse over the last few years and battled heroin addiction before finally getting sober, told fans at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion how he had been affected by his past problems.
He told the crowd, "I believe in music, I believe in rock 'n' roll, I believe in friendship and family. But you know what, on the 8th December will be time (sic) when I stopped doing dope... I started drinking again. I got divorced, my wife... And my whole world basically spun around and so you know what, I'm gonna take care of myself (now) because that's what I need to take care of... Instead of just having a few shows, I wanna have a whole hell of a lot of shows."
A reviewer for HoustonPress.com wrote, "He seemed off mentally, a little too meandering and talkative, bringing up his own past drug and alcohol abuse... Weiland's banter in between songs was odd and confusing. He touched on using inner-ear monitors, the band's first gigs... what grunge means to him and why bands don't destroy gear anymore."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen