Cops Interested in Talking to Aretha Franklin's Son Following Brutal Beating
Police officials in Detroit, Michigan have appealed to Aretha Franklin's son to get in touch with them and report his gas station assault following the brutal beating on Monday night, September 20. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son, Eddie Franklin, was attacked on the forecourt of a garage while a female companion was inside the store.
He was admitted to hospital where he underwent emergency surgery, but he had left the building by the time cops stopped by to investigate the incident. Police spokeswoman Eren Stephens confirmed officers were interested in talking to Franklin after being told he "walked out (of hospital) on his own".
And authorities are eager for Franklin, also a singer, to report the crime so the suspects can be caught. Stephens says, "We really need to talk to him, because he's the one who was assaulted." Two men and one woman are believed to have been involved in the savage attack.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'