Cops Interested in Talking to Aretha Franklin's Son Following Brutal Beating
Police officials in Detroit, Michigan have appealed to Aretha Franklin's son to get in touch with them and report his gas station assault following the brutal beating on Monday night, September 20. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son, Eddie Franklin, was attacked on the forecourt of a garage while a female companion was inside the store.
He was admitted to hospital where he underwent emergency surgery, but he had left the building by the time cops stopped by to investigate the incident. Police spokeswoman Eren Stephens confirmed officers were interested in talking to Franklin after being told he "walked out (of hospital) on his own".
And authorities are eager for Franklin, also a singer, to report the crime so the suspects can be caught. Stephens says, "We really need to talk to him, because he's the one who was assaulted." Two men and one woman are believed to have been involved in the savage attack.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS