Cops Interested in Talking to Aretha Franklin's Son Following Brutal Beating
Police officials in Detroit, Michigan have appealed to Aretha Franklin's son to get in touch with them and report his gas station assault following the brutal beating on Monday night, September 20. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son, Eddie Franklin, was attacked on the forecourt of a garage while a female companion was inside the store.
He was admitted to hospital where he underwent emergency surgery, but he had left the building by the time cops stopped by to investigate the incident. Police spokeswoman Eren Stephens confirmed officers were interested in talking to Franklin after being told he "walked out (of hospital) on his own".
And authorities are eager for Franklin, also a singer, to report the crime so the suspects can be caught. Stephens says, "We really need to talk to him, because he's the one who was assaulted." Two men and one woman are believed to have been involved in the savage attack.
More Aretha Franklin News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna