Carey Mulligan Excited About Playing Juliet
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan is desperate to tackle William Shakespeare's most beloved heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her. The 25-year-old actress hopes to hit the stage as Juliet in a new production of "Romeo & Juliet" next year.
She tells WENN, "I've been talking to someone about 'Romeo & Juliet' and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
And Mulligan insists she'll always return to the stage in between movies - because theater's in her blood. She adds, "I love doing film but I do think I'm more comfortable on stage because the film was never the dream."
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance