Carey Mulligan Excited About Playing Juliet
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan is desperate to tackle William Shakespeare's most beloved heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her. The 25-year-old actress hopes to hit the stage as Juliet in a new production of "Romeo & Juliet" next year.
She tells WENN, "I've been talking to someone about 'Romeo & Juliet' and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
And Mulligan insists she'll always return to the stage in between movies - because theater's in her blood. She adds, "I love doing film but I do think I'm more comfortable on stage because the film was never the dream."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered