Carey Mulligan Excited About Playing Juliet
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan is desperate to tackle William Shakespeare's most beloved heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her. The 25-year-old actress hopes to hit the stage as Juliet in a new production of "Romeo & Juliet" next year.
She tells WENN, "I've been talking to someone about 'Romeo & Juliet' and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
And Mulligan insists she'll always return to the stage in between movies - because theater's in her blood. She adds, "I love doing film but I do think I'm more comfortable on stage because the film was never the dream."
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music