Carey Mulligan Excited About Playing Juliet
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan is desperate to tackle William Shakespeare's most beloved heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her. The 25-year-old actress hopes to hit the stage as Juliet in a new production of "Romeo & Juliet" next year.
She tells WENN, "I've been talking to someone about 'Romeo & Juliet' and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
And Mulligan insists she'll always return to the stage in between movies - because theater's in her blood. She adds, "I love doing film but I do think I'm more comfortable on stage because the film was never the dream."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says