Carey Mulligan Excited About Playing Juliet
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan is desperate to tackle William Shakespeare's most beloved heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her. The 25-year-old actress hopes to hit the stage as Juliet in a new production of "Romeo & Juliet" next year.
She tells WENN, "I've been talking to someone about 'Romeo & Juliet' and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
And Mulligan insists she'll always return to the stage in between movies - because theater's in her blood. She adds, "I love doing film but I do think I'm more comfortable on stage because the film was never the dream."
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon