Rosamund Pike Fuming Over Privileged Life Report
Actress Rosamund Pike is fed up with reports suggesting she enjoyed the high life as a child, because her parents were so poor they couldn't even afford a house. The posh-sounding former Bond girl insists rumors she comes from a wealthy background are all wrong - she was even turned away from one drama school because officials thought she had been born into a prosperous family.
Pike insists she still doesn't even own her own property and her family struggled financially throughout her childhood. She tells Britain's You magazine, "There's this impression that I've somehow lived a charmed life. When I applied for drama school I was turned down by every single one, which was crushing at 19, although it's now a badge of pride."
"Later I met someone who had been on one of the panels, and he admitted I'd done the best audition he'd ever seen but he'd been overruled because his colleagues felt I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth (had a privileged upbringing), which simply isn't true," she further shares. "I don't own a house, my parents never owned a house; not through any philosophy but because they couldn't afford one. I wouldn't mind being thought of as privileged if I'd had any of the wealth that's supposed to accompany it, but we weren't at all well off."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival