Patrick Swayze's Widow Praises Jennifer Grey's Tribute Performance
Patrick Swayze's widow Lisa Niemi has heaped praise on her late husband's "Dirty Dancing" co-star Jennifer Grey for taking to the dance floor again for a TV tribute to the star. Grey broke down during rehearsals for "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday night, September 20 when the emotion of what she was doing hit her - and the footage aired on the season debut.
The actress danced to "Dirty Dancing" tune "These Arms of Mine" with professional Derek Hough - and confessed the experience reminded her of dancing with Swayze in the movie. But she shone on the dance floor, and wowed Swayze's widow.
Niemi tells Access Hollywood Live, "What they showed of Jennifer in rehearsals... I was not quite expecting so much connection to Patrick during the rehearsals and of course it makes total sense. It was a little tough."
"But I thought that dancing to 'These Arms of Mine'... first of all I think that she did every bit as good a job as I thought she would and then some. Jennifer is a natural talent and she brought this kind of special sensuality... I was super thrilled."
More Patrick Swayze News
- Emma Watson Interrupted by Her 'Embarrassing' Ringtone While in Interview
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini