Patrick Swayze's Widow Praises Jennifer Grey's Tribute Performance
Patrick Swayze's widow Lisa Niemi has heaped praise on her late husband's "Dirty Dancing" co-star Jennifer Grey for taking to the dance floor again for a TV tribute to the star. Grey broke down during rehearsals for "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday night, September 20 when the emotion of what she was doing hit her - and the footage aired on the season debut.
The actress danced to "Dirty Dancing" tune "These Arms of Mine" with professional Derek Hough - and confessed the experience reminded her of dancing with Swayze in the movie. But she shone on the dance floor, and wowed Swayze's widow.
Niemi tells Access Hollywood Live, "What they showed of Jennifer in rehearsals... I was not quite expecting so much connection to Patrick during the rehearsals and of course it makes total sense. It was a little tough."
"But I thought that dancing to 'These Arms of Mine'... first of all I think that she did every bit as good a job as I thought she would and then some. Jennifer is a natural talent and she brought this kind of special sensuality... I was super thrilled."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt