Patrick Swayze's Widow Praises Jennifer Grey's Tribute Performance
Patrick Swayze's widow Lisa Niemi has heaped praise on her late husband's "Dirty Dancing" co-star Jennifer Grey for taking to the dance floor again for a TV tribute to the star. Grey broke down during rehearsals for "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday night, September 20 when the emotion of what she was doing hit her - and the footage aired on the season debut.
The actress danced to "Dirty Dancing" tune "These Arms of Mine" with professional Derek Hough - and confessed the experience reminded her of dancing with Swayze in the movie. But she shone on the dance floor, and wowed Swayze's widow.
Niemi tells Access Hollywood Live, "What they showed of Jennifer in rehearsals... I was not quite expecting so much connection to Patrick during the rehearsals and of course it makes total sense. It was a little tough."
"But I thought that dancing to 'These Arms of Mine'... first of all I think that she did every bit as good a job as I thought she would and then some. Jennifer is a natural talent and she brought this kind of special sensuality... I was super thrilled."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'