Patrick Swayze's Widow Praises Jennifer Grey's Tribute Performance
Patrick Swayze's widow Lisa Niemi has heaped praise on her late husband's "Dirty Dancing" co-star Jennifer Grey for taking to the dance floor again for a TV tribute to the star. Grey broke down during rehearsals for "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday night, September 20 when the emotion of what she was doing hit her - and the footage aired on the season debut.
The actress danced to "Dirty Dancing" tune "These Arms of Mine" with professional Derek Hough - and confessed the experience reminded her of dancing with Swayze in the movie. But she shone on the dance floor, and wowed Swayze's widow.
Niemi tells Access Hollywood Live, "What they showed of Jennifer in rehearsals... I was not quite expecting so much connection to Patrick during the rehearsals and of course it makes total sense. It was a little tough."
"But I thought that dancing to 'These Arms of Mine'... first of all I think that she did every bit as good a job as I thought she would and then some. Jennifer is a natural talent and she brought this kind of special sensuality... I was super thrilled."
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!