Molly Ringwald Reunites With 'Breakfast Club' Co-Stars for John Hughes Tribute
Actress Molly Ringwald reunited with her former "The Breakfast Club" cast mates on Monday night, September 20 to pay tribute to late director John Hughes at a special event in New York. The now-grown-up kids from the cult 1980s movie - Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy - gathered at the Film Society For Lincoln Center event, 25 years after shooting the iconic picture.
The four stars last appeared together at the 2010 Academy Awards, during a tribute to Hughes, who died in 2009. The fifth remaining "Breakfast Club" member, Emilio Estevez, was the only noticeable absentee from the anniversary event.
Praising the late filmmaker, Sheedy said, "(Hughes) put different parts of himself into all the different characters. He was just like that. He was brutally honest and open, so I think all those things are in the movie... Teenagers were treated with such respect in this movie. I think that's why people remember it so well."
And Sheedy was excited about the prospect of introducing the classic film to a whole new generation of film fans - taking her own daughter along to the event as her date.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die