Molly Ringwald Reunites With 'Breakfast Club' Co-Stars for John Hughes Tribute
Actress Molly Ringwald reunited with her former "The Breakfast Club" cast mates on Monday night, September 20 to pay tribute to late director John Hughes at a special event in New York. The now-grown-up kids from the cult 1980s movie - Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy - gathered at the Film Society For Lincoln Center event, 25 years after shooting the iconic picture.
The four stars last appeared together at the 2010 Academy Awards, during a tribute to Hughes, who died in 2009. The fifth remaining "Breakfast Club" member, Emilio Estevez, was the only noticeable absentee from the anniversary event.
Praising the late filmmaker, Sheedy said, "(Hughes) put different parts of himself into all the different characters. He was just like that. He was brutally honest and open, so I think all those things are in the movie... Teenagers were treated with such respect in this movie. I think that's why people remember it so well."
And Sheedy was excited about the prospect of introducing the classic film to a whole new generation of film fans - taking her own daughter along to the event as her date.
More Molly Ringwald News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation