Mormon Brandon Flowers Does Gambling
Brandon Flowers has risked disappointing his fellow Mormons - the rocker has confessed to enjoying adrenaline-fuelled gambling sprees in his native Las Vegas. The Killers frontman was raised under the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which rejects all forms of gambling as damaging to society.
But the singer admits he struggles to stick to a Mormon lifestyle - especially in his casino-packed hometown. Flowers tells ShortList magazine, "The most I've won is a couple of grand. I'm not a huge gambler personally but the adrenaline of it can draw anybody in so you've got to be careful. I'm still drawn to those neon lights."
The musician has previously admitted he has been mocked for his beliefs because religious rock stars "aren't cool".
More The Killers News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri