Aretha Franklin's Son Checks Out From Hospital After Severely Beaten
Aretha Franklin's son Eddie has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and released after he was savagely beaten at a filling station in the U.S. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son was attacked on the forecourt of a garage in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, September 20 night while a female pal was inside the building.
She saw Eddie lying in a pool of blood and immediately drove him to hospital, where doctors reportedly operated. It is believed two men and a woman were involved in the attack. According to some sources, the female suspect appeared to be about 19 years old, and one of the men had dreadlocks. All three were African American.
"We're waiting for him to file a police report," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. "When our officers went to talk to him at the hospital, he had already checked himself out and left."
There are no security cameras at the gas station that would help police investigate the case. "We have nothing at all," Stephens said.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly