Aretha Franklin's Son Checks Out From Hospital After Severely Beaten
Aretha Franklin's son Eddie has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and released after he was savagely beaten at a filling station in the U.S. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son was attacked on the forecourt of a garage in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, September 20 night while a female pal was inside the building.
She saw Eddie lying in a pool of blood and immediately drove him to hospital, where doctors reportedly operated. It is believed two men and a woman were involved in the attack. According to some sources, the female suspect appeared to be about 19 years old, and one of the men had dreadlocks. All three were African American.
"We're waiting for him to file a police report," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. "When our officers went to talk to him at the hospital, he had already checked himself out and left."
There are no security cameras at the gas station that would help police investigate the case. "We have nothing at all," Stephens said.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart