Aretha Franklin's Son Checks Out From Hospital After Severely Beaten
Aretha Franklin's son Eddie has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and released after he was savagely beaten at a filling station in the U.S. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son was attacked on the forecourt of a garage in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, September 20 night while a female pal was inside the building.
She saw Eddie lying in a pool of blood and immediately drove him to hospital, where doctors reportedly operated. It is believed two men and a woman were involved in the attack. According to some sources, the female suspect appeared to be about 19 years old, and one of the men had dreadlocks. All three were African American.
"We're waiting for him to file a police report," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. "When our officers went to talk to him at the hospital, he had already checked himself out and left."
There are no security cameras at the gas station that would help police investigate the case. "We have nothing at all," Stephens said.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby