Aretha Franklin's Son Checks Out From Hospital After Severely Beaten
Aretha Franklin's son Eddie has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and released after he was savagely beaten at a filling station in the U.S. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son was attacked on the forecourt of a garage in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, September 20 night while a female pal was inside the building.
She saw Eddie lying in a pool of blood and immediately drove him to hospital, where doctors reportedly operated. It is believed two men and a woman were involved in the attack. According to some sources, the female suspect appeared to be about 19 years old, and one of the men had dreadlocks. All three were African American.
"We're waiting for him to file a police report," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. "When our officers went to talk to him at the hospital, he had already checked himself out and left."
There are no security cameras at the gas station that would help police investigate the case. "We have nothing at all," Stephens said.
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts