Aretha Franklin's Son Checks Out From Hospital After Severely Beaten
Aretha Franklin's son Eddie has been admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and released after he was savagely beaten at a filling station in the U.S. The Queen of Soul's 52-year-old son was attacked on the forecourt of a garage in Detroit, Michigan on Monday, September 20 night while a female pal was inside the building.
She saw Eddie lying in a pool of blood and immediately drove him to hospital, where doctors reportedly operated. It is believed two men and a woman were involved in the attack. According to some sources, the female suspect appeared to be about 19 years old, and one of the men had dreadlocks. All three were African American.
"We're waiting for him to file a police report," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. "When our officers went to talk to him at the hospital, he had already checked himself out and left."
There are no security cameras at the gas station that would help police investigate the case. "We have nothing at all," Stephens said.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'