Jennifer Grey Burst Into Tears on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Jennifer Grey broke down in tears when she first heard the song she would be performing to on "Dancing with the Stars" - because it reminded her of late pal Patrick Swayze. The "Dirty Dancing" actress made her debut on the reality TV show on Monday night, September 20, performing a Viennese waltz to Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine", which appeared on the film's soundtrack.
But when Grey, who played Frances 'Baby' Houseman opposite Swayze in the 1987 movie, first heard the track in rehearsals she broke down because it made her miss her co-star. In pre-recorded footage, Grey is seen crying and telling her professional dance partner, Derek Hough, "It took me back in a time capsule, and I was with Patrick. I just missed him. He was like you, young and gorgeous."
But the star triumphed in the live show - picking up the highest scores from the judges on the night. After her dance, panelist Bruno Tonioli said, "Baby is back where she belongs. I know somebody up there is going to be very proud of you."
More Jennifer Grey News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds