Jennifer Grey Burst Into Tears on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Jennifer Grey broke down in tears when she first heard the song she would be performing to on "Dancing with the Stars" - because it reminded her of late pal Patrick Swayze. The "Dirty Dancing" actress made her debut on the reality TV show on Monday night, September 20, performing a Viennese waltz to Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine", which appeared on the film's soundtrack.
But when Grey, who played Frances 'Baby' Houseman opposite Swayze in the 1987 movie, first heard the track in rehearsals she broke down because it made her miss her co-star. In pre-recorded footage, Grey is seen crying and telling her professional dance partner, Derek Hough, "It took me back in a time capsule, and I was with Patrick. I just missed him. He was like you, young and gorgeous."
But the star triumphed in the live show - picking up the highest scores from the judges on the night. After her dance, panelist Bruno Tonioli said, "Baby is back where she belongs. I know somebody up there is going to be very proud of you."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences