Jennifer Grey Burst Into Tears on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Jennifer Grey broke down in tears when she first heard the song she would be performing to on "Dancing with the Stars" - because it reminded her of late pal Patrick Swayze. The "Dirty Dancing" actress made her debut on the reality TV show on Monday night, September 20, performing a Viennese waltz to Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine", which appeared on the film's soundtrack.
But when Grey, who played Frances 'Baby' Houseman opposite Swayze in the 1987 movie, first heard the track in rehearsals she broke down because it made her miss her co-star. In pre-recorded footage, Grey is seen crying and telling her professional dance partner, Derek Hough, "It took me back in a time capsule, and I was with Patrick. I just missed him. He was like you, young and gorgeous."
But the star triumphed in the live show - picking up the highest scores from the judges on the night. After her dance, panelist Bruno Tonioli said, "Baby is back where she belongs. I know somebody up there is going to be very proud of you."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent