Jennifer Grey Burst Into Tears on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Jennifer Grey broke down in tears when she first heard the song she would be performing to on "Dancing with the Stars" - because it reminded her of late pal Patrick Swayze. The "Dirty Dancing" actress made her debut on the reality TV show on Monday night, September 20, performing a Viennese waltz to Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine", which appeared on the film's soundtrack.
But when Grey, who played Frances 'Baby' Houseman opposite Swayze in the 1987 movie, first heard the track in rehearsals she broke down because it made her miss her co-star. In pre-recorded footage, Grey is seen crying and telling her professional dance partner, Derek Hough, "It took me back in a time capsule, and I was with Patrick. I just missed him. He was like you, young and gorgeous."
But the star triumphed in the live show - picking up the highest scores from the judges on the night. After her dance, panelist Bruno Tonioli said, "Baby is back where she belongs. I know somebody up there is going to be very proud of you."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'