Oprah Winfrey Hands $6 Million Checks to Help Schools
TV titan Oprah Winfrey has shown off her generosity by handing over $6 million to organizations which help troubled schools in America. The talk show host donated the sum to six educational institutes in Philadelphia, California, Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana and Texas in a bid to boost their good work.
Winfrey's Angel Network charitable organization described them as "ground-breaking leaders in the provision of quality public education". The donation announcement came as the star hosted a panel of education reform advocates on Monday, September 20, which saw Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Davis Guggenheim, the director of upcoming documentary film "Waiting for Superman", support the cause.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective