Oprah Winfrey Hands $6 Million Checks to Help Schools
TV titan Oprah Winfrey has shown off her generosity by handing over $6 million to organizations which help troubled schools in America. The talk show host donated the sum to six educational institutes in Philadelphia, California, Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana and Texas in a bid to boost their good work.
Winfrey's Angel Network charitable organization described them as "ground-breaking leaders in the provision of quality public education". The donation announcement came as the star hosted a panel of education reform advocates on Monday, September 20, which saw Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Davis Guggenheim, the director of upcoming documentary film "Waiting for Superman", support the cause.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her