Oprah Winfrey Hands $6 Million Checks to Help Schools
TV titan Oprah Winfrey has shown off her generosity by handing over $6 million to organizations which help troubled schools in America. The talk show host donated the sum to six educational institutes in Philadelphia, California, Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana and Texas in a bid to boost their good work.
Winfrey's Angel Network charitable organization described them as "ground-breaking leaders in the provision of quality public education". The donation announcement came as the star hosted a panel of education reform advocates on Monday, September 20, which saw Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Davis Guggenheim, the director of upcoming documentary film "Waiting for Superman", support the cause.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'