Sigourney Weaver Eyes to Perform Her Stripper Role for Live Audience
Sigourney Weaver is considering hitting the stage with her portrayal of aging stripper Gypsy Rose Lee after TV bosses put a planned project on hold. The actress carried out extensive research about the infamous historical figure but the TV drama is still to go before the cameras - and she's keen to try out her "Gypsy" on audiences.
She tells WENN, "It's still happening. HBO (network) bumped us because the new guy didn't want to do anything period piece. It's such a great script. We're still alive and kicking. It's hard to get something unusual done right now. We're trying to figure it out. We might do it as a theater piece first. It will give me a chance to do her act in front of a live audience."
"The film sort of starts when she stops stripping. It shows her time with her son, who was, like, her stage manager and was in the box that she changed in, and so he was like her stage manager from the age of seven. Once he was an adolescent she wanted him to stay with her but he wanted to live his life, so it's about their relationship. It starts when he was a kid - 14, 15 - and goes to his early 20s."
More Sigourney Weaver News
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated