Sigourney Weaver Eyes to Perform Her Stripper Role for Live Audience
Sigourney Weaver is considering hitting the stage with her portrayal of aging stripper Gypsy Rose Lee after TV bosses put a planned project on hold. The actress carried out extensive research about the infamous historical figure but the TV drama is still to go before the cameras - and she's keen to try out her "Gypsy" on audiences.
She tells WENN, "It's still happening. HBO (network) bumped us because the new guy didn't want to do anything period piece. It's such a great script. We're still alive and kicking. It's hard to get something unusual done right now. We're trying to figure it out. We might do it as a theater piece first. It will give me a chance to do her act in front of a live audience."
"The film sort of starts when she stops stripping. It shows her time with her son, who was, like, her stage manager and was in the box that she changed in, and so he was like her stage manager from the age of seven. Once he was an adolescent she wanted him to stay with her but he wanted to live his life, so it's about their relationship. It starts when he was a kid - 14, 15 - and goes to his early 20s."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie