Randy Quaid and Wife Released on Bail Following Felony Residential Burglary Arrest
Troubled actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have been released from jail following their arrest for allegedly squatting in the house they called home. The couple was arrested on Saturday, September 18 when officials at the Santa Barbara County sheriff's department received a complaint from the owner of the property. When cops turned up to investigate, the Quaids insisted they were the rightful owners and had been since the 1990s.
The complainant produced documentation proving he had bought the home from another buyer in 2007, who had purchased the house from the Quaids years earlier. The couple was taken into custody and spent the night in jail, before being released on Sunday morning, September 19 after posting $50,000 bail.
They are facing charges of felony residential burglary and a misdemeanor of entering a non-commercial building without consent. Evi Quaid was also charged with resisting arrest.
It's the Quaids' latest controversy - Evi Quaid received three years' probation after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count of defrauding an innkeeper after the couple failed to settle a $10,000 bill following a stay at the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel