Randy Quaid and Wife Released on Bail Following Felony Residential Burglary Arrest
Troubled actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have been released from jail following their arrest for allegedly squatting in the house they called home. The couple was arrested on Saturday, September 18 when officials at the Santa Barbara County sheriff's department received a complaint from the owner of the property. When cops turned up to investigate, the Quaids insisted they were the rightful owners and had been since the 1990s.
The complainant produced documentation proving he had bought the home from another buyer in 2007, who had purchased the house from the Quaids years earlier. The couple was taken into custody and spent the night in jail, before being released on Sunday morning, September 19 after posting $50,000 bail.
They are facing charges of felony residential burglary and a misdemeanor of entering a non-commercial building without consent. Evi Quaid was also charged with resisting arrest.
It's the Quaids' latest controversy - Evi Quaid received three years' probation after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count of defrauding an innkeeper after the couple failed to settle a $10,000 bill following a stay at the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'