Randy Quaid and Wife Released on Bail Following Felony Residential Burglary Arrest
Troubled actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have been released from jail following their arrest for allegedly squatting in the house they called home. The couple was arrested on Saturday, September 18 when officials at the Santa Barbara County sheriff's department received a complaint from the owner of the property. When cops turned up to investigate, the Quaids insisted they were the rightful owners and had been since the 1990s.
The complainant produced documentation proving he had bought the home from another buyer in 2007, who had purchased the house from the Quaids years earlier. The couple was taken into custody and spent the night in jail, before being released on Sunday morning, September 19 after posting $50,000 bail.
They are facing charges of felony residential burglary and a misdemeanor of entering a non-commercial building without consent. Evi Quaid was also charged with resisting arrest.
It's the Quaids' latest controversy - Evi Quaid received three years' probation after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count of defrauding an innkeeper after the couple failed to settle a $10,000 bill following a stay at the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings