Chyna Hospitalized Allegedly After Over-Medicating Herself
Former wrestler-turned-actress Chyna has been admitted to hospital in Los Angeles after allegedly over-medicating herself with a sleeping aid, according to a U.S. report. TMZ.com initially claimed the 39 year old, real name Joan Laurer, was suffering from alcohol poisoning when she was taken to UCLA Medical Center on Monday morning, September 20.
However, a source now tells the website the star took as much as five times the suggested dosage of Benadryl to help her sleep - but found herself throwing up and struggling to walk properly when she woke up. The insider adds Chyna is being treated with fluids in the emergency room and is expected to make a full recovery.
A representative for Chyna had yet to respond to requests for a comment as WENN went to press. The troubled star has a history of substance abuse and heavy drinking, and attempted to overcome her problems during a 2008 stint on U.S. reality show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew".
More Chyna News
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing
- Brad Pitt to Remove His Angelina Jolie Tattoos to Have a 'Fresh Start'