Confirmed, Paris Hilton Agrees to Guilty Plea in Cocaine Arrest
Officials in Nevada have confirmed Paris Hilton has agreed a plea deal which will see her sentenced to probation and community service following her arrest for cocaine possession in Las Vegas last month. The socialite was detained when a small bag of white powder fell out of her purse in front of a police officer and she was charged with felony drug possession after the substance was reportedly confirmed as cocaine.
Rumors surfaced last week which suggested Hilton had been offered the chance to avoid the maximum four-year jail term which comes with a felony drug charge by pleading guilty to two misdemeanors instead. And now Nevada's Clark County District Attorney David Roger has confirmed the hotel heiress has reached a deal with authorities which will see her sentenced to a year's probation, a $2,000 fine, and an order to carry out 200 hours of community service.
She will also complete a substance abuse program, but will serve a full year behind bars if she gets in trouble again. Roger tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal, "We fashioned a resolution which would give us complete control over her future. If she does not toe the line and stay out of trouble she will do one year in the Clark County Detention Center."
The deal reads, "Defendant shall stay out of trouble. Defendant agrees that an arrest for any charge, excluding minor traffic violations for which a citation is issued, shall result in the immediate termination of her probation and the execution of the suspended sentences."
Hilton is to appear in court in Las Vegas on Monday, September 20 to formally enter her guilty pleas to one drug-related misdemeanor and one charge of lying to a police officer.
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture