Russell Brand's Battery Charge Could Result in a Ban From the U.S.
Russell Brand's arrest on Friday, September 17 could jeopardize his blossoming movie career - American immigration officials are investigating the situation and could revoke his visa over the incident. The British star was detained on suspicion of battery after allegedly attacking a photographer as he walked through Los Angeles International Airport with his fiancee Katy Perry on Friday.
The singer claims Brand was protecting her from snappers who were trying to take an inappropriate photo of her - but the funnyman's actions could result in a ban from the U.S. A spokesperson for the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "We are looking into this."
"A charge of battery could result in a conviction for an aggravated felony. Any kind of criminal conviction can lead to a visa being revoked. If a visa is revoked, the person will then be placed in deportation proceedings and this could lead to them being asked to leave the country and not return."
More Russell Brand News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'