Stephen Fry: I Am Only '90 Per Cent Gay'
Veteran British actor Stephen Fry is convinced he's only "90 per cent gay" - because there are two women in the world who have stirred his emotions. The openly gay comic has only ever dated men, but Fry reveals he felt a "surprising" attraction when he met the wife of his "Blackadder" co-star Rowan Atkinson, make-up artist Sunetra Sastry, and novelist Caroline Oulton.
In his new autobiography, the 53 year old writes, "I am only '90 per cent gay', which is of course pretty damned gay, but every now and again on my path through life I have met a woman in the 10 per cent bracket. Caroline at (British university) Cambridge was one, although I never told her so, and Sunetra was another."
"(Sunetra) was bright, funny and as captivatingly alluring as any girl I had met for years. I was quite seriously considering asking her out on a date when Rowan timidly approached me one morning during rehearsals for the second ('Blackadder') episode and asked if I would mind swapping make-up artists with him."
" 'Don't you like the one you've got?' I said. 'N-no, it's not that, she's splendid'. He (Atkinson) gave me a look of uncharacteristic intensity. 'Oh!' I said, as the penny dropped."
Fry served as best man when Atkinson wed Sastry in 1990 and he admits he's constantly ridiculed by the beauty over his candid confession, revealing " 'Oh, you should have done!' Sunetra often says to me. 'I'd have gone out with you.' But I know how happy she is and how right it was that I stayed silent."
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift