Stephen Fry: I Am Only '90 Per Cent Gay'
Veteran British actor Stephen Fry is convinced he's only "90 per cent gay" - because there are two women in the world who have stirred his emotions. The openly gay comic has only ever dated men, but Fry reveals he felt a "surprising" attraction when he met the wife of his "Blackadder" co-star Rowan Atkinson, make-up artist Sunetra Sastry, and novelist Caroline Oulton.
In his new autobiography, the 53 year old writes, "I am only '90 per cent gay', which is of course pretty damned gay, but every now and again on my path through life I have met a woman in the 10 per cent bracket. Caroline at (British university) Cambridge was one, although I never told her so, and Sunetra was another."
"(Sunetra) was bright, funny and as captivatingly alluring as any girl I had met for years. I was quite seriously considering asking her out on a date when Rowan timidly approached me one morning during rehearsals for the second ('Blackadder') episode and asked if I would mind swapping make-up artists with him."
" 'Don't you like the one you've got?' I said. 'N-no, it's not that, she's splendid'. He (Atkinson) gave me a look of uncharacteristic intensity. 'Oh!' I said, as the penny dropped."
Fry served as best man when Atkinson wed Sastry in 1990 and he admits he's constantly ridiculed by the beauty over his candid confession, revealing " 'Oh, you should have done!' Sunetra often says to me. 'I'd have gone out with you.' But I know how happy she is and how right it was that I stayed silent."
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI