John Lennon's Intimate Photo With Yoko Ono Auctioned
An intimate photo shot by Annie Leibovitz featuring John Lennon embracing Yoko Ono days before the rocker was killed is going up for auction in New York next month.
The image was one of a series of pictures taken for Rolling Stone magazine in December 1980, the issue bearing the famous cover photo of a naked Lennon kissing a fully-clothed Ono. The shot is one of 40 copies in existence and has been placed on the auction block by a private collector.
It is expected to sell for between $10,000 and $15,000 at the Swann Auction Galleries sale on October 19.
Lennon was shot dead outside his Manhattan apartment in December 1980. 25-year-old Mark David Chapman caught up with the legend at The Dakota, New York and fired his guns to his back. Lennon was pronounced dead upon arriving at hospital.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers