John Lennon's Intimate Photo With Yoko Ono Auctioned
An intimate photo shot by Annie Leibovitz featuring John Lennon embracing Yoko Ono days before the rocker was killed is going up for auction in New York next month.
The image was one of a series of pictures taken for Rolling Stone magazine in December 1980, the issue bearing the famous cover photo of a naked Lennon kissing a fully-clothed Ono. The shot is one of 40 copies in existence and has been placed on the auction block by a private collector.
It is expected to sell for between $10,000 and $15,000 at the Swann Auction Galleries sale on October 19.
Lennon was shot dead outside his Manhattan apartment in December 1980. 25-year-old Mark David Chapman caught up with the legend at The Dakota, New York and fired his guns to his back. Lennon was pronounced dead upon arriving at hospital.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective