John Lennon's Intimate Photo With Yoko Ono Auctioned
An intimate photo shot by Annie Leibovitz featuring John Lennon embracing Yoko Ono days before the rocker was killed is going up for auction in New York next month.
The image was one of a series of pictures taken for Rolling Stone magazine in December 1980, the issue bearing the famous cover photo of a naked Lennon kissing a fully-clothed Ono. The shot is one of 40 copies in existence and has been placed on the auction block by a private collector.
It is expected to sell for between $10,000 and $15,000 at the Swann Auction Galleries sale on October 19.
Lennon was shot dead outside his Manhattan apartment in December 1980. 25-year-old Mark David Chapman caught up with the legend at The Dakota, New York and fired his guns to his back. Lennon was pronounced dead upon arriving at hospital.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences