John Lennon's Intimate Photo With Yoko Ono Auctioned
An intimate photo shot by Annie Leibovitz featuring John Lennon embracing Yoko Ono days before the rocker was killed is going up for auction in New York next month.
The image was one of a series of pictures taken for Rolling Stone magazine in December 1980, the issue bearing the famous cover photo of a naked Lennon kissing a fully-clothed Ono. The shot is one of 40 copies in existence and has been placed on the auction block by a private collector.
It is expected to sell for between $10,000 and $15,000 at the Swann Auction Galleries sale on October 19.
Lennon was shot dead outside his Manhattan apartment in December 1980. 25-year-old Mark David Chapman caught up with the legend at The Dakota, New York and fired his guns to his back. Lennon was pronounced dead upon arriving at hospital.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018