Kelly McGillis Weds Longtime Girlfriend
"Top Gun" star Kelly McGillis has married her long-term partner in a civil ceremony, just one year after admitting she is a lesbian. The actress, who played Tom Cruise's love interest in the hit 1986 movie, 'came out' in 2009 and went public with her love for sales executive Melanie Leis.
The couple met in 2000, when the actress hired Leis as a bartender at her Florida restaurant, and the pair exchanged vows in a small courthouse ceremony in New Jersey on Wednesday, September 15. It was 53-year-old McGillis' third walk down the aisle - she was married twice before and has two daughters with her second husband Fred Tillman.
Kelly McGillis first came clean about her sexuality during an interview with SheWired. She revealed that her daughters was one of the reason behind her decision. She said, "That was one of those moments when somebody asked me a question, my kids had gone from home, so I really didn't have to protect anyone by skirting the question, and I just decided to be absolutely honest."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media