Kelly McGillis Weds Longtime Girlfriend
"Top Gun" star Kelly McGillis has married her long-term partner in a civil ceremony, just one year after admitting she is a lesbian. The actress, who played Tom Cruise's love interest in the hit 1986 movie, 'came out' in 2009 and went public with her love for sales executive Melanie Leis.
The couple met in 2000, when the actress hired Leis as a bartender at her Florida restaurant, and the pair exchanged vows in a small courthouse ceremony in New Jersey on Wednesday, September 15. It was 53-year-old McGillis' third walk down the aisle - she was married twice before and has two daughters with her second husband Fred Tillman.
Kelly McGillis first came clean about her sexuality during an interview with SheWired. She revealed that her daughters was one of the reason behind her decision. She said, "That was one of those moments when somebody asked me a question, my kids had gone from home, so I really didn't have to protect anyone by skirting the question, and I just decided to be absolutely honest."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce