Kelly McGillis Weds Longtime Girlfriend
"Top Gun" star Kelly McGillis has married her long-term partner in a civil ceremony, just one year after admitting she is a lesbian. The actress, who played Tom Cruise's love interest in the hit 1986 movie, 'came out' in 2009 and went public with her love for sales executive Melanie Leis.
The couple met in 2000, when the actress hired Leis as a bartender at her Florida restaurant, and the pair exchanged vows in a small courthouse ceremony in New Jersey on Wednesday, September 15. It was 53-year-old McGillis' third walk down the aisle - she was married twice before and has two daughters with her second husband Fred Tillman.
Kelly McGillis first came clean about her sexuality during an interview with SheWired. She revealed that her daughters was one of the reason behind her decision. She said, "That was one of those moments when somebody asked me a question, my kids had gone from home, so I really didn't have to protect anyone by skirting the question, and I just decided to be absolutely honest."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'