Kelly McGillis Weds Longtime Girlfriend
"Top Gun" star Kelly McGillis has married her long-term partner in a civil ceremony, just one year after admitting she is a lesbian. The actress, who played Tom Cruise's love interest in the hit 1986 movie, 'came out' in 2009 and went public with her love for sales executive Melanie Leis.
The couple met in 2000, when the actress hired Leis as a bartender at her Florida restaurant, and the pair exchanged vows in a small courthouse ceremony in New Jersey on Wednesday, September 15. It was 53-year-old McGillis' third walk down the aisle - she was married twice before and has two daughters with her second husband Fred Tillman.
Kelly McGillis first came clean about her sexuality during an interview with SheWired. She revealed that her daughters was one of the reason behind her decision. She said, "That was one of those moments when somebody asked me a question, my kids had gone from home, so I really didn't have to protect anyone by skirting the question, and I just decided to be absolutely honest."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent