Ricki Lake's Malibu House Burned Down
Actress and TV personality Ricki Lake has been left devastated after her Los Angeles home burned down in a freak fire. The star, who appeared in the original 1988 "Hairspray" film, was refueling a portable heater in the rental Malibu property on Saturday, September 18 when her couch set alight and the flames spread across the house.
Lake was forced to flee the fire and managed to escape unharmed with her two sons and dogs. They are now staying with friends, reports celebrity blogger Perez Hilton.
A spokesperson for the star has confirmed the devastating news, claiming Lake has "lost many personal items, but is grateful that everyone is OK."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'