George Michael Moved to Highpoint Prison
George Michael has been transferred to a prison outside of London to serve out the remainder of his jail sentence. The former Wham! singer was locked up in the U.K. capital's tough Pentonville jail on Tuesday, September 14 after he was sentenced to eight weeks behind bars for possession of cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs.
He dropped a planned appeal against his sentence on Friday, September 17, just hours ahead of a scheduled appeal and bail hearing at a court in London. Instead he spent the day traveling 70 miles (112 kilometers) from Britain's capital to Highpoint Prison in Suffolk, England where he will serve out the rest of his sentence.
Michael's sentence stems from his arrest in July after he crashed into a shopfront near his home in Hampstead, north London. The star admitted smoking dope before climbing behind the wheel.
As well as the jail time, Michael was fined $1,875 with $150 in court costs, and banned from the roads for five years.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic